Photo via paceuathletics.com
Men's Lacrosse seeded 3rd for NE-10 Playoffs

The regular season for Northeast-10 Men's Lacrosse has come to an end. In a dead heat, the Setters wound up with the third seed in the conference....

Evan MahannaApril 20, 2024

Nicholas Diaz and Paris TraceyApril 19, 2024

Pace Students Now Have Designated Polling Stations on Campus

CCAR+Office+Coordinator+Christina+Burchett+standing+in+Wilcox+MPR%2C+one+of+two+designated+polling+locations+for+Pace+students%2C+on+April+2%2C+2024.+
Kelly Salguero
CCAR Office Coordinator Christina Burchett standing in Wilcox MPR, one of two designated polling locations for Pace students, on April 2, 2024.

PLEASANTVILLE, NY –  New York State held its 2024 Presidential Primaries last Tuesday, April 2nd. Both were for the state’s Republican and Democratic parties. 

For the first time, Pace University students could vote directly on campus at two designated polling locations: the Student Center at One Pace Plaza in New York City and Wilcox Hall in Pleasantville. 

Supported by the Andrew Goodman Foundation, the Center for Community Action and Research (CCAR) successfully registered over 300 student voters to secure designated polling stations on each campus earlier this year. 

“Having a polling place gives them [registered voters] greater access to their voting rights essentially because not everyone has access to transportation”, said CCAR Office Coordinator Christina Burchett.  

Anyone registered to vote in Westchester County may use Pace University as their polling station.  

Burchett also said that 45 people did vote in the primaries at the Wilcox Hall polling location. However, none of them were students.  

“I hope that students will find it beneficial and that they have an easy time in voting in the presidential election and local elections as well”, said Burchett.  

Wilcox Hall may be used as a polling station in the presidential election depending on campus administrative decisions. Although, that is subject to change in the future.  

Here’s how to get registered to vote: 

All residential students have the right to register to vote either with their residence hall address or with their home address. 

If you’re planning on voting in the New York Presidential Primary, you must have been registered by March 23. Pace students can register online to vote in any state, at an upcoming CCAR event, or by visiting the CCAR office on their campus: 

For the NYC Campus, please register to vote at 41 Park Row, Room 404. For the Pleasantville Campus, please register at Choate House, Room 51W.  

For more information on student voting access and the new polling stations, go to Redefining Voting Access for Pace Students