Setters advance to NCAA Quarterfinals
Dylan Brown, Managing Editor • May 16, 2024

Pace is one step closer to repeating. The Setters defeated the Bentley University Falcons today, 17-10 to advance. Initially offense-filled,...

On field celebrations begin at Northwell Stadium following Pace WLAXs NE-10 Championship game victory on May 11, 2024 (pacewlax and paceuathletics/IG)
Pace WLAX Win NE-10 Title, Hosts NCAA East Regional
Dylan Brown, Managing Editor • May 14, 2024

The title defense marches on for the Setters. Pace Women's Lacrosse defeated Adelphi University 16-14 last Saturday to win the Northeast-10 Championship....

Challengers (2024) official poster
Challengers Review
Evan MahannaMay 10, 2024

Challengers, directed by Luca Guadagnino, is a new romantic sports drama that brings a fresh approach to both genres. It’s a tale of a toxic...

Spring Fest Artist Arrested on Wednesday

In comparison to last year’s SpringFest, this year’s stage was jumping all night! Opening the show was rap group 41, followed by hard-hitting rapper Lola Brooke, and lastly R&B artist Mariah the Scientist with sweet vocals. 

However, Mariah may have gotten inspiration from Lola’s lyrics about, “swinging on b*tches”, because she was charged and taken in for simple battery the night before she was set to grace our stage! 

According to Rolling Stone, on March 28th a woman named Cleopatra Dues accused Mariah of fighting her for “no apparent reason”. Dues told police that Mariah had approached her in Atlanta bar “Cavo Kitchen and Cocktails” and grabbed her wig from off her head, then proceeded to drag her across the table and floor. She left the lounge and called 911 after this altercation, not knowing who had attacked her. 

Only later was Dues able to identify her attacker as the Spread Thin singer Mariah Buckles (Mariah the Scientist). Mariah was released on a $5000 bond – and found her way to our stage the next night.

Students from all campuses came out to enjoy this first night of three for Spring Fest, and many sang along to the Beetlejuice singer’s set. Nothing out of the ordinary was mentioned by Mariah – aside from wearing sunglasses to hide the audience from seeing she “has no eyelashes”. 

Details of the case are still coming together, but Mariah the Scientist will continue her 45-stop tour, playing tonight in Houston, Texas.