Response to BIPOC Mentors Unpaid Since Fall
Response to "BIPOC Mentors Unpaid Since Fall"
Pace Chronicle StaffApril 12, 2024

We thank Dr. Stephanie Akunvabey, Ms. Nila Bhaumik, and Ms. Susan Donahue for taking the article, posted on March 15th, 2024, into consideration...

Graduate Attacker Sydney Juvelier(#14) leaps in celebration with teammates Nikki Mottes(#28) and Lindsay Radmann(#23) vs Adelphi University on April 10, 2024(pacewlax/IG)
#1 WLAX Overcomes #3 Adelphi in Road Test

GARDEN CITY, N.Y.-  Another top-5 matchup went to the Setters. Pace Women's Lacrosse defeated the Adelphi University Panthers 12-11 on the road....

Monkey Man Poster
Source: Wikipedia
Monkey Man: The Revival of Action Movies
James Steigerwald, Feature Editor • April 11, 2024

Monkey Man is an action/thriller movie released on March 11th, 2024, directed by and starring Dev Patel. Patel’s career breakthrough was his...

We Want 90s Nick!

We Want 90s Nick!

Fact: The original cast of All That is the greatest compilation of young actors known to man.

Kenan Thompson, better known as Dexter in Good Burger, has since blossomed into a comedic legacy on Saturday Night Live.  Amanda Bynes , who’s role as the temperamental advice giver  on the segment,  “Ask Ashley” helped launch The Amanda Show – yet another example of brilliant, young-adult sketch comedy. Or lastly Kel Mitchell who we all know loves… go ahead, say it: orange soda. Really, need I say more?

The mere mention of those three names has already evoked your fondest memories of Nickelodeon’s finest decade.  Although this may be a biased perspective, it is the network that likely captivated you for the vast majority of your childhood. It’s the reason for the fact that to this day you can recite the words to “Bangin’ on a Trashcan”, by Doug Funny and The Beets better than you can the 7’s multiplication tables. The quality of the shows being broadcasted today will never compare to the television to trump all television, that is, 90s Nick.

Staying home sick meant one thing and one thing only, NickToons marathon! Cartoons were not senseless humor like the ones that air today. While outliers like Pinky and the Brain and Cat Dog may have had you chuckling, it was the trials and tribulations of relatable characters like nine year old, Arnold and his voice of reason, Gerald in Hey Arnold! that struck poignant chords in our innocent souls. Daydreaming about what it would be like to grow up in southern California as an extended member of the Rocket family on Rocket Power was a frequent occurrence.  Mild, East Coast, weather and wobbly skateboards were the closest we’d ever be to Reggie, Otto, Ray and of course, Tito.

Just when cartoons were starting to get old and your siblings came charging through the doors in a sprint to the kitchen for Reese’s Puffs and Gushers, the hosts of Slime Time Live were 30 seconds from shoving a pie in Aaron Carter’s face. The inexplicable appeal of green slime, which was poured over the heads of arbitrary audience members, had the ability the hold the attention of fourth grade boys for up to an hour – even if it meant watching the same Hot-Wheels advertisement repeatedly during commercial breaks.

90’s Nickelodeon undoubtedly puts the vast majority of cartoons created after 2000 to shame. The targeted audience of shows like Marvin Marvin and iCarly will never understand the quality television that late 80’s and early 90’s babies were blessed with. At least they’ve got Spongebob, so maybe there is some hope.