The cast of Our Lady Of 121st Street at Arc Stages. 
Left to right: Jillian Hinz, Evan Mahanna, Patrick Purcell, Belle Duddie, Kendall Key, Marquise McCullough, Lilah McCormack, Darius Tiru, Leanna Ward, Michaela Elyse Williams, Faith Andrews,  Payton Cocchia.
Pace University's Spring Play: Our Lady of 121st Street
James Steigerwald, Feature Editor • April 18, 2024

Pace University’s spring play, Stephen Adly Guirgis’ Our Lady of 121st Street, premiered this past week at Arc Stages in Pleasantville. Opening...

Response to BIPOC Mentors Unpaid Since Fall
Response to "BIPOC Mentors Unpaid Since Fall"
Pace Chronicle StaffApril 12, 2024

We thank Dr. Stephanie Akunvabey, Ms. Nila Bhaumik, and Ms. Susan Donahue for taking the article, posted on March 15th, 2024, into consideration...

Graduate Attacker Sydney Juvelier(#14) leaps in celebration with teammates Nikki Mottes(#28) and Lindsay Radmann(#23) vs Adelphi University on April 10, 2024(pacewlax/IG)
#1 WLAX Overcomes #3 Adelphi in Road Test

GARDEN CITY, N.Y.-  Another top-5 matchup went to the Setters. Pace Women's Lacrosse defeated the Adelphi University Panthers 12-11 on the road....

Pace Winter Parking Proves Difficult For Students

Parking complaints are fairly common at the Pace Pleasantville campus. The snow has not helped, and there very well may be more inclement weather and parking woes before this winter ends.

The parking lots were plowed, but like most roads throughout Westchester, icy conditions and mounds of snow remain an issue.

“It sucks,” sophomore accounting major and commuter Besan Bashjawish said.

According to Bashjawish, people have been disregarding parking rules and parking etiquette because of the messy, snowy conditions.

“People take up two spots, especially by the library and behind Lienhard,” Bashjawish said. “It has not been a good week for parking.”

Other students have complained about getting citations during or right after snowfall. Some believe that Pace Security should be more lenient when it comes to parking infractions during snowstorms.

Pace Chronicle web editor Andrew Linthwaite was certainly annoyed a few weeks ago when he cleared snow from his car only to discover a parking ticket on his windshield. Parked overnight at the Briarcliff campus during a storm, Linthwaite felt that he wouldn’t receive a citation due to the dangerous weather conditions preventing him from leaving the campus safely.

He was wrong. Parking citations do still happen in snowstorms.

“We overlook minor stuff, but if [students] are disregarding rules, we will give citations,” Director of Security Vincent Beatty said about parking on Pace grounds during inclement weather situations.

According to Beatty, students should avoid infractions such as blocking fire lanes or parking in handicap spots no matter how messy the weather makes the parking lots on the Pleasantville and Briarcliff campuses.

Basically, it’s a good idea to follow parking rules as much as possible to avoid finding a citation buried under mounds of snow on your windshield.

Beatty suggested that, should bad weather lead to bad parking situations, students should park and leave their cars in Lot T, in the townhouse Lot O, or in the parking lot next to North Hall.

These lots should be clear to park, and those staying over in Briarcliff are better off leaving their cars in one of those mentioned Pleasantville lots during weeknights.

As for the people taking up extra spots because of messy parking lots, it might be a good idea to allow for extra time to find a safe and spot instead of leading to a chain reaction of parking out of the lines, as the picture sent to me and taken by Besan Bashjawish clearly shows. The picture was taken in the lot behind Miller.

The winter will end eventually, but parking citations will not.