Response to BIPOC Mentors Unpaid Since Fall
Response to "BIPOC Mentors Unpaid Since Fall"
Pace Chronicle Staff April 12, 2024

We thank Dr. Stephanie Akunvabey, Ms. Nila Bhaumik, and Ms. Susan Donahue for taking the article, posted on March 15th, 2024, into consideration...

Graduate Attacker Sydney Juvelier(#14) leaps in celebration with teammates Nikki Mottes(#28) and Lindsay Radmann(#23) vs Adelphi University on April 10, 2024(pacewlax/IG)
#1 WLAX Overcomes #3 Adelphi in Road Test

GARDEN CITY, N.Y.-  Another top-5 matchup went to the Setters. Pace Women's Lacrosse defeated the Adelphi University Panthers 12-11 on the road....

Monkey Man Poster
Source: Wikipedia
Monkey Man: The Revival of Action Movies
James Steigerwald, Feature Editor • April 11, 2024

Monkey Man is an action/thriller movie released on March 11th, 2024, directed by and starring Dev Patel. Patel’s career breakthrough was his...

POWER-Point Night at Pace University

Amanda Rundle, president of POWER, giving their presentation on fictional crushes and mental illness on September 22, 2023(James Steigerwald)

POWER, Pace’s intersectional feminism club, hosted POWER-point night this past Friday in the Kessel Butcher Suite. POWER-point night is an event where a student can create a PowerPoint about anything they want and present it, allowing students to express their interests to their peers. Though this isn’t the first time this event has been held. 

Amanda Rundle is the president of POWER. She shares how this event started last semester.

So the idea of the POWER Point literally just came from me thinking about a pun: POWER point, that sounds really funny. And then I saw videos of guys making PowerPoints with their friends about stupid stuff so I was like, that would be nice to just actually have some event where people can make labor of love instead of labor of labor,” Amanda said.

As the event began, the lights dimmed and the presentations commenced.  Silas Warren, a first-year student at Pace University, describes the presentation they created. 

“My presentation is My Atrocious Taste in Men”, Silas said. “I thought it would be funny if I presented that.” 

Silas Warren giving their presentation(James Steigerwald)

The presentations garnered a lot of laughs from the audience. Amy Linares, a sophomore at Pace University, shared which presentation she enjoyed the most.  

“My favorite presentation for POWER-point night was the one about this one dude’s cat. It was so good, I love cats,” said Amy. 

POWER-point night was a time when students could present whatever they were most passionate about, rather than something they made for an assignment. It was a night of excitement and laughs.