Challengers (2024) official poster
Challengers Review
Evan MahannaMay 10, 2024

Challengers, directed by Luca Guadagnino, is a new romantic sports drama that brings a fresh approach to both genres. It’s a tale of a toxic...

Official Poster for Pace Docs 2024 documentary, The Cooper: Crafting The Soul of The Cask
Graphic design by Lilah McCormack
PaceDocs Premieres "The Cooper: Crafting the Soul of the Cask"
Evan MahannaMay 7, 2024

Pace University's Producing the Documentary course students traveled to Spain to film a new documentary this year. As part of the annual PaceDocs...

Photo Courtesy of Pace Athletics(Paceatheltics/IG)
Pace MLAX To Play in NCAA Tournament
Dylan Brown, Managing Editor • May 6, 2024

For the first time in 7 years, Pace University Men's Lacrosse is in the NCAA Tournament. The Setters learned of their fate last evening via live...

Gyminey Cricket

Whenever students or other members go to work out, they see the keepers of Goldstein Gym sitting right in front of them. Yet these students and employees are more than empty husks that just swipe people into the building.

One of these workers is senior elementary education major Meghan Tremblay. The Shrub Oak native is just one of several student athletes employed by Pace to keep the daily functions of the gym rolling smoothly. And for Tremblay, it is her people skills that make the work easy.

“I’m pretty friendly with people,” Tremblay said. “I enjoy getting to sit and talk to people, so for me the job is simple.”

If a member needs a towel after a long swim, they talk to Tremblay. If a member wants to know what time free swim is, they talk to Tremblay. And if a person wants anything from the Goldstein Fitness Center, they have to talk to Tremblay.  The student athlete works the front desk for three to four hours a day a few times a week. She was told of the opportunity by a member of the Pace athletic department and applied online.

If you recognized Tremblay behind the front desk, you most likely saw her on the pitch for Pace throughout this season. Tremblay was a forward for the soccer team throughout her four years at Pace. She totaled three goals in 2011, including a game winning goal against the Falcons of Bentley University.

Tremblay’s knowledge of managing plays on the pitch has translated to her managing the daily routine of the fitness center. Every front desk attendant needs to know the rules and regulations listed in a ten-page document that can be found on the athletic website.

Some fellow student workers see Tremblay as more than just a person who swipes Pace ID cards. Graduate student Kevin Clark had high praise for his co-worker.

“Meg is very personable,” Clark said. “She gets along with everyone and that helps when it comes to interacting with people.”

The duties of the Goldstein front desk worker are all consuming when the student is on the clock. The desk phone rang during the middle of the interview and Tremblay took the call. It was a gym member looking for a family member who was working out. Tremblay handled the situation without any difficulties.

With soccer season over, Tremblay will continue to hold down the front desk at the gym until her career of educating children is the present rather than the future.