Challengers (2024) official poster
Challengers Review
Evan MahannaMay 10, 2024

Challengers, directed by Luca Guadagnino, is a new romantic sports drama that brings a fresh approach to both genres. It’s a tale of a toxic...

Official Poster for Pace Docs 2024 documentary, The Cooper: Crafting The Soul of The Cask
Graphic design by Lilah McCormack
PaceDocs Premieres "The Cooper: Crafting the Soul of the Cask"
Evan MahannaMay 7, 2024

Pace University's Producing the Documentary course students traveled to Spain to film a new documentary this year. As part of the annual PaceDocs...

Photo Courtesy of Pace Athletics(Paceatheltics/IG)
Pace MLAX To Play in NCAA Tournament
Dylan Brown, Managing Editor • May 6, 2024

For the first time in 7 years, Pace University Men's Lacrosse is in the NCAA Tournament. The Setters learned of their fate last evening via live...

Setters Drop one After Delay

Setters Drop one After Delay

Last weekend the Setters white out was a promotional event and this time around the elements delayed the game by one day. Still, when the game was finally completed, the home team went home unhappy.

The Setters lost to the University of New Haven 69-59 after the elements pushed the game back until Sunday night. While no snow got on the court, the game was dictated by the efficient shooting of the visiting Chargers.

New Haven opened up the game on a 13-4 run on the sharp shooting of Bria Moore and Brianna Bradford. Bradford and Moore combined for 30 points on the night and made 12 of 27 total shots between them.

Moore and Bradford’s accurate shooting carried over to the rest of the team. New Haven as a team shot 48 percent from the field compared to Pace who shot 36 percent on the night. Three Charger players shot better than 50 percent on the night while the Setters did not have a single player who made half of their shots on the night.

The Chargers also converted on a higher percentage of their three point shots than the Setters. The visiting team shot 44 percent from three point range on the evening while Pace shot a meager 23 percent from downtown. Graduate media and communications major Jessica Scannell made three three point shots to lead Pace in that category.

Offensively the Setters were able to move the ball well and get points at times. Scannell lead Pace in scoring on the night with 17 points and sophomore special education major Margo Hackett tallied 15 points on seven made shots.

While New Haven shot efficiently throughout the evening, the Setters destroyed their opponent on the glass. Pace out rebounded New Haven by a total of 51-33 throughout the game.

Leading the way on the glass for Pace was graduate political science major Brittany Shields. Shields lead all rebounders with 12 on the night and the Setters also got eight plus rebounds from both sophomore biology major Brianna Harris and freshman biology major Yuni Sher.

Yet even with a large advantage in rebounding throughout the evening, the Setters were not able to hold off the offensive onslaught of the Chargers starting group. Anh-Dao Tran lead all scorers with 20 points on the night and the starting unit for New Haven outscored Pace’s starting five 60-48 on the evening.

With the loss the Setters drop to 11-9 on the year with a record of 9-7 in the Northeast-10. Pace will journey to Connecticut to take on the Owls of Southern Connecticut State University on Tuesday evening.