Challengers (2024) official poster
Challengers Review
Evan MahannaMay 10, 2024

Challengers, directed by Luca Guadagnino, is a new romantic sports drama that brings a fresh approach to both genres. It’s a tale of a toxic...

Official Poster for Pace Docs 2024 documentary, The Cooper: Crafting The Soul of The Cask
Graphic design by Lilah McCormack
PaceDocs Premieres "The Cooper: Crafting the Soul of the Cask"
Evan MahannaMay 7, 2024

Pace University's Producing the Documentary course students traveled to Spain to film a new documentary this year. As part of the annual PaceDocs...

Photo Courtesy of Pace Athletics(Paceatheltics/IG)
Pace MLAX To Play in NCAA Tournament
Dylan Brown, Managing Editor • May 6, 2024

For the first time in 7 years, Pace University Men's Lacrosse is in the NCAA Tournament. The Setters learned of their fate last evening via live...

Setters Beat Southern Connecticut

Setters Beat Southern Connecticut

Everybody needs a break every once in a while. For a Pace team that has lost its past two home games, the win was on the road this time around.

The Setters defeated the Owls of Southern Connecticut State University by a final of 65-51. The Setters are 6-6 on the road this year, yet this win is their third consecutive road victory in the waning games of the regular season.

Although the score was tied at 26 at the end of the first half, the second half belonged to Pace’s offense. After senior psychology major Allison Cleary connected on a three point shot with 16:45 to go in the second frame that sparked a 16-3 run to give Pace a stranglehold on the game’s momentum.

The Setters offense roared to life against the Owls as four players ended in double figures. Cleary scored a career high 19 points on 5-12 shooting from the field. Cleary also converted on six free throw attempts on eight shots from the charity stripe.

Cleary was not the only one shooting well for Pace away from Goldstein. Graduate political science major Brittany Shields and sophomore education major Margo Hackett each had 13 points. In addition, freshman biology major Yuni Sher added ten points of her own off the Setters bench.

For the most part the game itself was a statistical anomaly. The Owls shot 41 percent from the field compared to just 36 percent for the Setters. Southern Connecticut State also out rebounded Pace 44-37 and had 15 second chance points compared to just 12 from Pace.

One player who dominated the game for the Owls was Moni Smith-Ocran who had 17 points and 17 rebounds on the night. However, Smith-Ocran and Jackie Beathea were the only Owls in double figures while Pace had three players score more than 12 points on the night.

The two biggest reasons the Setters were able to win despite the stats favoring the Owls were due to free throw shooting and turnovers.

Pace dominated from the charity stripe by getting to the line 25 times compared to just 10 from Southern Connecticut State. The Setters were able to hit 16 of their free throws while the Owls hit just two shots from the line.

In the turnover department the Setters once again were more disciplined with the basketball. Pace gave the ball away only 13 times throughout the entire night. Southern Connecticut State, on the other hand, relinquished the ball a total of 22 times throughout the game.

With the win, the Setters improve to 12-10 overall with a record of 10-8 in the Northeast-10. Pace currently sits in the number seven position in the conference standings with four games left to play. The Setters will be back at home to take on the Panthers of Adelphi University on Feb. 20.