Challengers (2024) official poster
Challengers Review
Evan MahannaMay 10, 2024

Challengers, directed by Luca Guadagnino, is a new romantic sports drama that brings a fresh approach to both genres. It’s a tale of a toxic...

Official Poster for Pace Docs 2024 documentary, The Cooper: Crafting The Soul of The Cask
Graphic design by Lilah McCormack
PaceDocs Premieres "The Cooper: Crafting the Soul of the Cask"
Evan MahannaMay 7, 2024

Pace University's Producing the Documentary course students traveled to Spain to film a new documentary this year. As part of the annual PaceDocs...

Photo Courtesy of Pace Athletics(Paceatheltics/IG)
Pace MLAX To Play in NCAA Tournament
Dylan Brown, Managing Editor • May 6, 2024

For the first time in 7 years, Pace University Men's Lacrosse is in the NCAA Tournament. The Setters learned of their fate last evening via live...

Setters Fall to Le Moyne

Setters Fall to Le Moyne

The Setters skid grinded to a disappointing halt in their last game of the 2012-2013 season.

Pace fell on the road to the Dolphins of Le Moyne 83-52 to bring the number of consecutive games lost to nine. Pace finishes with an overall record of 9-17 and a record of 6-16 in the Northeast-10.

Once again, it was junior business major Denzel Primus-Devonish writing his name in Pace’s record books. Primus-Devonish joined the 1,000-point club after scoring 10 against the Dolphins. The Maryland native also became one of eight Pace players to record 1,000 points, 300 assists, and 100 steals in their career.

Short of the milestone by Primus-Devonish, there was not much that went well for the Setters as the game wore on.

After taking an early lead in the game’s opening minutes, the Dolphins cruised out to an 11-2 run in order to separate themselves from the Setters. Le Moyne was able, in part, to establish a large lead in the first half thanks to guard Nate Champion. Throughout the game, Champion recorded 19 points while grabbing six rebounds and dishing out five assists.

Although Champion certainly played up to his last name, there were three other Dolphins who were impressive, as well. Ryan Romich and Qwadre Lovell each had 14 points and Romich added nine rebounds against the Setters. Connor Mahoney also had 10 points off of the bench for the Dolphins.

The Setters also got offensive contributions throughout the game from two of their underclassmen. Freshman business major Salvatore Vitello scored a career high 16 points and added three assists on the night. Also, freshman finance major Eric Dansby contributed 15 points of his own for the Setters.

Still Le Moyne held an advantage in virtually every statistical category on the night. The Dolphins shot 56 percent from the field compared to just 28 percent from Pace. Le Moyne out rebounded the Setters 50-25 and the home team scored 46 points in the paint compared to just 16 from the Setters.

The Setters trend offensively throughout the year was to win close games in the high-50s or low-60s. Since Pace averaged just 63.9 points per game as a team during the year, the Setters lost most games in which the opponent scored more than 70 points.

Even in a disappointing season, there were a couple of bright spots for the Setters. Junior forward Jonathan Merceus and senior business management major Keon Williams both finished in the top 20 in the NE-10 in points per game.

Merceus’ 16 points per game ranked him in the number eight spot amongst the conference’s best scorers and William’s 13.9 points per game put him in the number 17 spot.

The Setters are expected to return all but two players next season. They will be losing both Williams and senior accounting major David Eismeier, both graduating in May.