Challengers (2024) official poster
Challengers Review
Evan MahannaMay 10, 2024

Challengers, directed by Luca Guadagnino, is a new romantic sports drama that brings a fresh approach to both genres. It’s a tale of a toxic...

Official Poster for Pace Docs 2024 documentary, The Cooper: Crafting The Soul of The Cask
Graphic design by Lilah McCormack
PaceDocs Premieres "The Cooper: Crafting the Soul of the Cask"
Evan MahannaMay 7, 2024

Pace University's Producing the Documentary course students traveled to Spain to film a new documentary this year. As part of the annual PaceDocs...

Photo Courtesy of Pace Athletics(Paceatheltics/IG)
Pace MLAX To Play in NCAA Tournament
Dylan Brown, Managing Editor • May 6, 2024

For the first time in 7 years, Pace University Men's Lacrosse is in the NCAA Tournament. The Setters learned of their fate last evening via live...

Setters Beat Virginia State

Setters Beat Virginia State

The Setters have yet to play a home game this season, but they were able to best another team on the road.

Pace defeated the Trojans of Virginia State University 4-1 earlier in the week. The Setters have won four games in a row on the road compared to just one game played at a neutral sight.

The Setters got their offense rolling in the top of inning number three. Junior business major Lana Buchbinder recorded an infield hit that scored senior psychology major Chelsea Shea and gave the Setters a 1-0 lead.

Although Shea was the only player on either team to record an extra base hit on the afternoon, that did not seem to hinder the Setters offense.

Pace was able to set the tone on the base paths throughout the game. The Setters pulled off the incomparable triple steal which resulted in sophomore business management major Jeane Drury stealing home and gave Pace a 2-0 lead.

In addition to the execution of the triple steal, there were six Setters who played the roles of base thieves.

Freshman chemistry major Dzifa Avalime, sophomore criminal justice major Natalie Gellos, freshman communications major Katie Lange, junior biology major Kimberly Duffy, and Drury all recorded stolen bases for the Setters against the Trojans.

The Setters were also the beneficiaries of miscues from Virginia State during inning number five.

A wild pitch from Inez Hudson scored freshman chemistry major Dzifa Avalime to give Pace a 3-0 lead at the game’s halfway mark.

Also, as freshman communications major, Katie Lange hit a ground ball to second base that was bobbled by the Trojans and enabled Gellos to score on the error.

Pace’s offense was able to diversify their hit portfolio with everybody from the underclassmen to the upperclassmen getting a hit. The Setters allocated 14 hits on the day and also scored four times on the Trojans. Only two Setters did not get at least one hit on the afternoon.

Leading the way offensively for the Setters was a pair of reliable bats. Drury recorded three hits and Avalime also had three base hits on the day.

The Setters pitching torched the Trojan offense throughout the game. Sophomore communications major Caitlin McCann tossed a three hitter and relinquished just one run in seven innings of work. McCann struck out five Trojans on the afternoon to bring her season total up to six in 2013.

With the win, the Setters are now 5-1 overall and have yet to play a game against a conference opponent. Pace will have a little break in the season due to the cancellation of the Virginia Union University softball tournament.

The Setters will put their four game road-winning streak on the line when they take on the Panthers of Adelphi University on Mar. 19.