Challengers (2024) official poster
Challengers Review
Evan MahannaMay 10, 2024

Challengers, directed by Luca Guadagnino, is a new romantic sports drama that brings a fresh approach to both genres. It’s a tale of a toxic...

Official Poster for Pace Docs 2024 documentary, The Cooper: Crafting The Soul of The Cask
Graphic design by Lilah McCormack
PaceDocs Premieres "The Cooper: Crafting the Soul of the Cask"
Evan MahannaMay 7, 2024

Pace University's Producing the Documentary course students traveled to Spain to film a new documentary this year. As part of the annual PaceDocs...

Photo Courtesy of Pace Athletics(Paceatheltics/IG)
Pace MLAX To Play in NCAA Tournament
Dylan Brown, Managing Editor • May 6, 2024

For the first time in 7 years, Pace University Men's Lacrosse is in the NCAA Tournament. The Setters learned of their fate last evening via live...

Setters Fall to Asumptions

This lacrosse game went to the dogs and the Greyhounds proved to be the better bread on that day.

The Setters lost to the Greyhounds 16-11 on April 16. Pace has now lost four games in a row and has given up 52 goals during the losing streak.

Although Pace lost, no blame can be placed at the feet of senior business management major Matt Mirabitio. The Binghamton native tallied a career-high ten points on the afternoon and currently ranks second in the Northeast-10 in assists with 24.

Even with Mirabitio snatching two points in the first quarter, the Setters found themselves on the wrong end of the scoreboard early.

Pace raced out to an early 1-0 lead after a goal by junior business major Matt Gebhardt. Mirabitio recorded an unassisted goal at the 5:18 mark to give Pace a 2-1 lead. That was the last lead the Setters had in the game.

The Setters relinquished six goals in the first quarter to trail 6-2. Assumption’s Garret Smith notched the first of his four goals in quarter number one.

Once the second quarter got underway, the Greyhounds raced out to a six goal lead by halftime. The Setters trailed 11-5 at recess, even though Mirabito added three points to his stat sheet in the process.

When the half ended, the Setters showed signs of life offensively and reduced the gap significantly. After giving up an early goal in the quarter, Pace scored the next five goals.

Gebhardt had three of Pace’s five goals in the quarter, and Mirabito picked up four assists in the frame, as well. However, the Greyhounds added another goal at the end of the quarter to keep the gap at three goals.

While Assumption put the game out of reach in the game’s final quarter by scoring three more times, Mirabito tallied his last point to round his scoring day off at ten.

The Binghamton native picked up assist number eight on the afternoon as he found junior criminal justice major William Scioscia with 5:45 to go in the game.

The Achilles heel for the Setters was the goaltending. Freshman business major Conor Brophy faced 28 shots and saved only 12 of them on the afternoon. Brophy has given up double-digit goals in his last three starts.

With the loss, the Setters fall to 5-7 overall with a record of 2-7 in the Northeast-10. The Setters will take on the Ravens of Franklin Pierce University on April 27 in their last game of the year.