Photo Courtesy of Pace Athletics.
Softball Sweeps Doubleheader vs Georgian Court
Dylan Brown, Managing Editor • March 20, 2024

LAKEWOOD, N.J.- Pace picked up two road wins versus Georgian Court University yesterday afternoon. Game 1 went Pace's way with a final score...

Front of Miller Hall. Photo Courtesy of webpage.pace.edu
President Krislov on Campus Involvement and School-Town Relations
Dylan Brown, Managing Editor • March 18, 2024

This article is on the topic of on-campus involvement and school/town relations. For the article about academics, the article about student life,...

Outside of the Office of SGA
Diaz And Tracey Wins 2024 SGA Election
Pace Chronicle StaffMarch 15, 2024

Incumbent President Nick Diaz and Vice President Paris Tracey have won reelection to their respective offices in the Student Government Association....

Welcome to the Team: Touching Base with Newcomer Anthony Rocco

Photo Provided By anthony rocco Rocco, pictured above, throwing a pitch .

With the school year begin- ning once again, Pace welcomes new faces to the athletics teams. Of these many new faces, one doesn’t mind classifying himself as left-handed and a Belieber.

“There are two other lefties on the team, but I’m the only freshman,” Anthony Rocco, first year accounting major said.

Rocco plays pitcher for the Setters baseball team, coming from Jackson Memorial High School in Jackson, New Jersey.

“I like to fish and I am a Belieber,” Rocco said. “I listen to mainly rap and Beiber, I even went to the Believe tour over the summer.”

His love for baseball precedes his musical preference, dating back to the second grade.

“My mom forced me to play in the little league after watching a Yankees game,” Rocco said. “But I liked playing it a lot and turned out successful.”

This led to him continuing the sport all the way through high school; Rocco went 7-1 and gained a 2.4 Earned Run Average. It seemed that Rocco was destined by fate to join the Setter’s, after his father spoke to the assistant coach, Peto Raimondi, while he was doing construction for the coach’s restaurant in the city.

“I committed in September, I definitely feel comfortable with the coaches and the team,” Rocco said. “It’s definitely like a family, it’s only been five days and I can feel it.”

Rocco seems to be making an impression on his fellow team- mates as well.

“It was towards the end of Au- gust when we first talked, I figured I should get to know the person who I was living with,” freshman business major John Kukura said. “He works hard and is committed to what he is doing.”

Kukura, who plays outfield, noticed Rocco’s athletic ability and how it can benefit the team.

“It’s rare when you’re a lefty, so when he throws, it’s a natural movement,” Kukura said. “His fast ball moves a lot, he’s got a good breaking ball, and he has a good change up.”

Aside from sports, Rocco plans to pursue accounting within the Lubin Business School.

“I’m good with numbers,” Rocco said. “I took an account- ing class in high school and the teacher was terrible, but I liked the class.”

As the days get closer, Rocco continues to practice and looks forward to his college experience.

“Watch out for our team,” Rocco said. “I feel we are really good this year.”

For scheduling and more in- formation of our baseball team, be sure to check out the Pace Athletics websire.