Strong Influences Help Lead Path for Setter

On the field Ponte Vedra Beach, FL’s Cameron Davis is a force to be reckoned with by catching the ball and taking it to the end zone for the Setters. Off the field however, he is a family man who works closely with his family to help shape his career goals. Although football is his strongpoint now, he feels that a job in accounting will suit him perfectly.

“I picked accounting because I’ve always been very good with numbers,” junior accounting major Cameron Davis said. “Plus both of my parents were accountants so that also played a huge role.”

It is Davis’ dream to open his own accounting firm with his best friend after he graduates. With this dream in mind, Davis made the right choice in coming to Pace, seeing as the university has one of the best accounting programs around.

“I decided to come to Pace when I heard about all of the job opportunities that they had to offer after college,” Davis said. “Pace sends a ton of students to big time companies every year, and when I decided to come to Pace I knew that it was because of the amazing education that they could offer me along with the post-grad opportunities.”

Family is another element that is very important to Davis as he always looks for things that can help him bond more with his father and little brother.

“My dad taught me how to fish and that is something that I’ve really grown to love because it’s a great way to just relax and get away from the busy life every now and then,” Davis said. “My little brother is a boy scout, and so we like to go camping a lot. I love doing anything outside; I just love being out in nature its very relaxing.”

It seems suitable that football would be Davis’ sport of choice being that it enables him to spend much of him time outside. In the 2012 season Davis was one of the two Pace players who had a catch in every single game. His passion for football at large can be attributed to his father who started him off young. He played through his childhood and was team captain of the Providence High School football team as a senior at in Jacksonville, FL.

“I started playing with my dad in the back yard for fun and that eventually turned into something I loved and am able to share with him,” Davis said.

Davis’ love for his family reflects in the love that he shows for his teammates. He has had time to acquaint himself with his teammates and form a strong familial bond.

“I love the feeling of being a part of a team and being able to hang out with my best friends and brothers every day,” Davis said. “Football is such a great sport because no matter what kind of day you are having as soon as you put your helmet on nothing else matters.”

The next time the setters take action will be for Homecoming, on Sat., Oct. 26 at 1 pm against Assumption.