The cast of Our Lady Of 121st Street at Arc Stages. 
Left to right: Jillian Hinz, Evan Mahanna, Patrick Purcell, Belle Duddie, Kendall Key, Marquise McCullough, Lilah McCormack, Darius Tiru, Leanna Ward, Michaela Elyse Williams, Faith Andrews,  Payton Cocchia.
Pace University's Spring Play: Our Lady of 121st Street

Pace University’s spring play, Stephen Adly Guirgis’ Our Lady of 121st Street, premiered this past week at Arc Stages in Pleasantville. Opening...

Response to BIPOC Mentors Unpaid Since Fall
Response to "BIPOC Mentors Unpaid Since Fall"
Pace Chronicle StaffApril 12, 2024

We thank Dr. Stephanie Akunvabey, Ms. Nila Bhaumik, and Ms. Susan Donahue for taking the article, posted on March 15th, 2024, into consideration...

Graduate Attacker Sydney Juvelier(#14) leaps in celebration with teammates Nikki Mottes(#28) and Lindsay Radmann(#23) vs Adelphi University on April 10, 2024(pacewlax/IG)
#1 WLAX Overcomes #3 Adelphi in Road Test

GARDEN CITY, N.Y.-  Another top-5 matchup went to the Setters. Pace Women's Lacrosse defeated the Adelphi University Panthers 12-11 on the road....

Pace Athletics Builds on Homecoming Tradition

Setters fell to Assumption College with a final score of 21-55 at last Saturday’s Home- coming game. Delaney Wallace (Moorestown, NJ) was able to score two touchdowns for the Setters in the first half, garnering the Homecoming MVP Honors, however Assumption ended up prevailing in the end. The Setters are now 0-8 overall and 0-7 in the NE-10.

While Pace Setters did not win the homecoming football game, Pace Athletics commemorates the spirit of Homecoming and all the meanings it brings to Pace University.

“I love Homecoming,” Director of Athletics Mark Brown said. “I love all the alumni events we have. It’s great to see old friends come and reunite. It may seem like the same thing, but we turn out25percentofourpopulation.”

Homecoming marks a yearly tradition at Pace University that showcases campus pride and engages the entire campus with multiple events and the big Homecoming football game.

“We’re trying to build on the tradition,” Brown said. “Part of the reason I came here was to help the university grow. It’s like my life’s work if you will. I’m motivated to help make some progress.”

This past year, the athletics department has seen many changes and new additions. These changes include the hire of new coaches, new faculty, updated website and promotions, and the announcement of new sport teams for Pace (Women’s Lacrosse and Women’s Field Hockey).

“I think over the last few years in particular, there have been a lot of wonderful accomplishments,” said Head Softball Coach Claudia Stabile, who has also become the newly appointed Associate Athletics Director for Student Success and Services this year. “I think [the new changes] are an indication to the commitment be- hind Pace Athletics.”

Stabile believes homecoming serves not only as a celebration of students on campus, but also as a reconnection with the past.

“It’s almost like an alumni day,” Stabile said. “There’s a lot of excitement. It gives us an opportunity for the old and new to come together and share our experience at Pace. Although times are different, a lot of it is the same.”

Although traditions of the past continue with homecoming, the start of the master plan opens new doors for the athletics department.

“I think the athletics department will be the mainstay of the university once the facilities are complete,” Stabile said.

Director Brown also feels that the master plan will lead to better results for the athletics department and Pace University as a whole. He also feels that there is room for more progress in regards to athletics.

“There is always room for growth. I feel the campus consolidation will aid,” Brown said. “There’s room for improvement. Our students athletes need to be invested in the campus so that our campus can be invested the students.”

Athletics will continue to look for more ways to improve the department in hopes to engage students further than they have done so before.

“We’re constantly evaluating what we do as a department,” Brown said. “I think we’ve laid foundation for things to build upon.”

Students can catch the Setter’s next football game on Saturday, Nov. 2 against Stonehill College, which will take place in Easton, MA. Live updates of the game can be found on the Pace Athletics website.