Response to BIPOC Mentors Unpaid Since Fall
Response to "BIPOC Mentors Unpaid Since Fall"
Pace Chronicle Staff April 12, 2024

We thank Dr. Stephanie Akunvabey, Ms. Nila Bhaumik, and Ms. Susan Donahue for taking the article, posted on March 15th, 2024, into consideration...

Graduate Attacker Sydney Juvelier(#14) leaps in celebration with teammates Nikki Mottes(#28) and Lindsay Radmann(#23) vs Adelphi University on April 10, 2024(pacewlax/IG)
#1 WLAX Overcomes #3 Adelphi in Road Test

GARDEN CITY, N.Y.-  Another top-5 matchup went to the Setters. Pace Women's Lacrosse defeated the Adelphi University Panthers 12-11 on the road....

Monkey Man Poster
Source: Wikipedia
Monkey Man: The Revival of Action Movies
James Steigerwald, Feature Editor • April 11, 2024

Monkey Man is an action/thriller movie released on March 11th, 2024, directed by and starring Dev Patel. Patel’s career breakthrough was his...

Swimming at Pace, From New Zealand Waters

Swimmer Georgina Goulding, also known as “Georgie” is a fierce competitor with a passion for the environment.

She’s always been someone that has enjoyed being outside, seeing as she enjoys competing in competitions such as the Tough Mudder race, which is a militaristic style competition involving plenty of obstacles and challenges.

“My first Tough Mudder race was in August of this year” Goulding said. “I like doing them because they are a great challenge and give me something to train for that is fun.”

When she’s not testing her physical or mental strength, Goulding enjoys more peaceful activities such as skiing. Growing up in New Zealand, Goulding has grown to appreciate the beauty of nature, which has led her to the decision of majoring in Environmental Studies here at Pace.

“I’ve always had an interest in the environment, so it was a good fit for me” said Goulding, who also has a minor in history. “Pace has a very good environmental program, so I knew that this is where I needed to be.”

“At this point I would really like to do my MPA in non-profit management at Pace grad school, and then eventually I would love to work for World Wildlife Fund or Greenpeace” Goulding said.

With an interest in the environment around her, Goulding has seen the differences between New Zealand and New York, in her four years in America.

“America is a lot larger population wise, New Zealand only has about 4.3 million people” said Goulding, who currently holds the Pace record for the 200-yard butterfly. (pacesettersathletics.com) “There are also a lot more options here in terms of education, employment and food. I actually love the food here; it’s not the same as back home.”

Better educational opportunities are part of the reason why Goulding decided to come to America, with the other being her love of swimming.

“The main reason I came here was because of the swimming program” said Goulding, who learned to swim at the age of seven, while at the age of eight she began club swimming. “I looked at a few other schools but ultimately I felt like Pace was the best fit for me. I also wanted to be part of the Environmental Studies program here.”

Goulding’s father has also helped her along the way, helping her get to where she is now.

“My father is a huge inspiration to me” Goulding said. “I wouldn’t be swimming or at Pace for that matter if it wasn’t for his support and motivation.”

Goulding and the rest of the women’s swimming and diving team can be seen on November 10th at their meet against Assumption and Le Moyne College.