Photo Courtesy of Pace Athletics.
Softball Sweeps Doubleheader vs Georgian Court
Dylan Brown, Managing Editor • March 20, 2024

LAKEWOOD, N.J.- Pace picked up two road wins versus Georgian Court University yesterday afternoon. Game 1 went Pace's way with a final score...

Front of Miller Hall. Photo Courtesy of webpage.pace.edu
President Krislov on Campus Involvement and School-Town Relations
Dylan Brown, Managing Editor • March 18, 2024

This article is on the topic of on-campus involvement and school/town relations. For the article about academics, the article about student life,...

Outside of the Office of SGA
Diaz And Tracey Wins 2024 SGA Election
Pace Chronicle StaffMarch 15, 2024

Incumbent President Nick Diaz and Vice President Paris Tracey have won reelection to their respective offices in the Student Government Association....

Volleyball Season Ends In Disappointment

Paces Womens Volleyball Team finished their 2013 season with a record of 4-26. (Photo from pacesettersathletics.com)
Emily
Pace’s Women’s Volleyball Team finished their 2013 season with a record of 4-26. (Photo from pacesettersathletics.com)

The Pace Volleyball team fin­ished their season on Nov. 15 with a loss to Merrimack College, end­ing their season with a record of 4-26.

With high hopes set at the be­ginning of the season, the Setters look at this end with disappoint­ment and a bit of shock.

“Honestly, this was completely unexpected,” freshman business major Miki Carver said. “We all had such high expectations indi­vidually so to end the season like this, completely shocked us.”

Head Coach Karrin Moore ex­pressed a desire to have finished the season with more wins, but chooses to look at the bright side of things stating that she was “hap­py with how hard the girls worked on and off the court.” and that “our record doesn’t show the work ev­eryone put in.”

Looking at the team roster, it can be seen that all the players on the team this season where either freshman or sophomores, and one can’t help but wonder if that ended up being a factor.

“It’s hard to say if having up­per class men would have helped our season or not, but having more girls playing in positions they were used to would have been more helpful,” Moore said.

Carver sees things a bit differ­ently, saying that the team’s youth­fulness was “definitely something to be taken into consideration.”

“We really came from all over the place, so we didn’t have as much time to really build that team chemistry,” Carver said.

But now with one year under their belts, the Setters look to the spring as a time where, according to Coach Moore, they can work to “refine their individual skills and learn to work well as a team.”

The Setters will also look to new recruits, such as Sydney Leck­er from Chatfield High School, to join the returning players in order to bring more talent and versatility to the team.

Lecker was signed to a national letter of intent for the 2014-15 academic year and is someone that Coach Moore believes will “be a solid player who will help us of­fensively from day one.”

For now, the Setters will con­tinue to build team chemistry, while honing their skills as they wait for the 2014 season.