Photo Courtesy of Pace Athletics.
Softball Sweeps Doubleheader vs Georgian Court
Dylan Brown, Managing Editor • March 20, 2024

LAKEWOOD, N.J.- Pace picked up two road wins versus Georgian Court University yesterday afternoon. Game 1 went Pace's way with a final score...

Front of Miller Hall. Photo Courtesy of webpage.pace.edu
President Krislov on Campus Involvement and School-Town Relations
Dylan Brown, Managing Editor • March 18, 2024

This article is on the topic of on-campus involvement and school/town relations. For the article about academics, the article about student life,...

Outside of the Office of SGA
Diaz And Tracey Wins 2024 SGA Election
Pace Chronicle StaffMarch 15, 2024

Incumbent President Nick Diaz and Vice President Paris Tracey have won reelection to their respective offices in the Student Government Association....

Athletic Updates: From Construction To Search For New Field Hockey Coach

Construction on campus con­tinues according to the master plan to consolidate the Pleas­antville and Briarcliff campuses into one, while the remodeling of buildings and new facilities for the sports teams progresses.

“Right now we are zeroing in on one company to design and build the new facilities,” Mark Brown, Director of Athletics at Pace said. “Nothing is final yet, we still need to better define the scope of our budget, but once we do it’s going to happen fast. We plan on initiating construction over the summer.”

Aside from the new facilities, the consolidation of two campus­es into one is something that will surely benefit Pace Athletics.

“It’s a huge project, but once everyone is together I think it will be easier for everyone to re­ally be on the same page,” Brown said. “It’s hard to ask someone on the Briarcliff campus to wait outside in the bitter cold at night to take the bus to come over here for a game, and then have to wait again to take the bus back to their dorm. But if they are just on the other side of the street, it’s a lot easier for them to come.”

While the athletic department has announced the hiring of the new women’s lacrosse coach, as well as the new head football coach, there is still one position waiting to be filled.

“We are very close to an­nouncing who the new women’s field hockey coach will be,” Brown said. “We are in final negotiations currently. We had very good interest in the posi­tion, not as much as for the foot­ball position, but still some very good interest.”

That interest has shown to be a challenge in picking the best candidate, but with a deci­sion waiting to be announced in the near future, it seems that that challenge has been overcome.

“We’ve had some very excit­ing candidates, but one in partic­ular has really distanced them­selves from the rest,” Brown said. “We hope to make an an­nouncement hopefully by the end of the month.”

With the field hockey team expected to compete in the fall of 2015, the new coach will have about a year to recruit new play­ers, starting in July.