Pace Hoops Split Saturday Double Header

White-Out Day at Pace ended with a split doubleheader on Satur­day afternoon, with the women’s team unable to defeat the number one nationally ranked Bentley University, who improved their record to 20-0 with a 60-45 win.

The Setters kept it close in the first half of the game, with the Falcons leading by a score of 28- 24 with just a few seconds left. Junior Jeane Drury shot a three pointer just before the buzzer went off, giving the Setters some momentum heading into the half as they were down now by just one point.

Coming back for the second half though, the Setters offense was stagnant as they managed to score just one point in the first ten minutes of the second half, letting Bentley take a 45-28 lead.

“After half time we needed to get focused again,” Drury said. “We were not able to play well of­fensively, and it ended up hurting us.”

However, the men’s team re­corded their fourth win of the season as they defeated Bentley in the final seconds of the game with a three pointer from senior guard Denzel Primus-Devonish, giving Pace a 65-62 win.

The lead went back and forth between the two teams within the first ten minutes of play, but with a 10-0 run, the Setters went on their way to end the first half with a 38-31 lead.

The offense kept it going dur­ing the second half, with a high­light coming from sophomore for­ward Jaylen Mann’s back-to-back three pointers.

After Primus-Devonish’s three pointer that gave Pace the lead, the Falcons took two time outs with 2.3 seconds left in the game, trying to set up their final play. They were unsuccessful however, as senior forward Jamaal James deflected the pass, with Primus- Devonish taking the ball to seal the victory for Pace.

Pace also had its annual alum­ni day, as alumni from both men’s basketball and football came by to watch the games. As part of White-Out Day, “Keep Calm and Go Pace” t-shirts were given out to the fans.

The next home game for the Setters will be Sat., Feb. 8 begin­ning at 1:30 p.m. as Pace takes on conference rivals American Int’l. Players will wear pink in order to support the fight against breast cancer, as Pace has its annual Play4Kay Day, with t-shirts being sold for $5, and proceeds going to the Kay Yow Foundation. It will also be Senior Day, as Pace will honor its seven seniors before the game.