Evan MahannaApril 20, 2024

Nicholas Diaz and Paris TraceyApril 19, 2024

Outfielder Layla Michelson high-fives catcher Carolina Iturriga during a home game(paceathletics/IG)
Softball Goes through New York City Area Colleges Spotless

NEW YORK- Pace Softball had a mini tour through New York City starting at Staten Island and ending in Queens, resulting in three more victories. On...

Setters Winter Break Updates

DEC. 14: The women’s basketball team beat St. Thomas Aquinas by a score of 67-45, giving the women’s team their first win of the season, as well as giving Head Coach Carrie Seymour her 400th career win.

DEC. 23: Senior guard Denzel Primus-Devonish is named the Northeast-10 Conference Player of the week, after leading the Setters with 25 points and a career high six steals in a 93-88 overtime win over Felician College.

JAN. 2: Freshman guard Shanice Allen leads the Setters with a career high 20 points in a 79-64 loss to Adelphi University.

JAN. 6: The Pace Athletic Department announces the four inductees for the Pace Hall of Fame 2014 Class- Tom Grega (Football 1974), Joe Vuotto (Men’s Lacrosse 2000), Kory Langley (Volleyball 1999) and Henry Manning (Baseball 1991).

JAN. 7: Primus-Devonish and senior Kaitlyn Lynch of the women’s swimming and diving team are named SAAC Athletes of the Month for December.

JAN. 10: Director of Athletics Mark Brown announc­es the hiring of Andrew Rondeau as the new head coach for the Pace Football program. “We haven’t had much success in the past few years, so with the hiring of Rondeau it really allows us to hit the reset button,” Brown said.

JAN. 18: Senior forward Jonathan Merceus scores his 1,000-career point in the Setters 76-63 loss to Saint Anselm. “Getting my 1000 point was a great achievement for me this year,” said Merceus, who scored a total of 19 points in the game. “It feels good to leave a little legacy behind you.”

JAN. 21: The Northeast-10 Conference names sophomore diver Jenny Palladino Women’s Co- Diving Athlete of the Week.

JAN. 22: The Men’s Basketball team loses a close contest to Franklin Pierce, with a defeat in overtime of 77-76. “After the new coaching staff was put in place they put a new fire in us, we are playing harder then ever before,” said Merceus, who had a game-high 24 points in the game. “We just haven’t been able to close out many close games we’ve had this year.”

JAN. 24: Coach Rondeau makes his first hire, nam­ing Corey Hetherman as the new defensive coordi­nator and linebackers coach for the Setters.

All information was provided by the pacesettersath­letics.com website.