Photo Courtesy of Pace Athletics.
Softball Sweeps Doubleheader vs Georgian Court
Dylan Brown, Managing Editor • March 20, 2024

LAKEWOOD, N.J.- Pace picked up two road wins versus Georgian Court University yesterday afternoon. Game 1 went Pace's way with a final score...

Front of Miller Hall. Photo Courtesy of webpage.pace.edu
President Krislov on Campus Involvement and School-Town Relations
Dylan Brown, Managing Editor • March 18, 2024

This article is on the topic of on-campus involvement and school/town relations. For the article about academics, the article about student life,...

Outside of the Office of SGA
Diaz And Tracey Wins 2024 SGA Election
Pace Chronicle StaffMarch 15, 2024

Incumbent President Nick Diaz and Vice President Paris Tracey have won reelection to their respective offices in the Student Government Association....

Saturday Recap: Swimming And Diving At Met Championships; Basketball Loses Double Header

The men and women’s basketball teams began their three game road trip on Sat., Feb. 15 as they faced off against the Chargers of New Haven.

The men’s team saw their three game win-streak end, as they lost to the Chargers by a score of 75-52, dropping their record to 6-17.

After trailing early on, down 28-11 with about seven minutes remaining in the first half, Pace went on a 7-0 run to cut down the Charger’s lead to 28-18.  Pace kept it close throughout the remainder of the last half, but New Haven finished ahead 37-27.

New Haven got ahead in the second half, leading 50-38, but Pace was able to cut their deficit to single digits with Jamaal James scoring six of the next eight points. The Chargers however went off on a 16-0 run shortly after, pulling away for the win.

Coming off a win after defeating St. Rose 62-54 on Wed., Feb. 12, the women’s team (5-18) lost to New Haven by a score of 56-42.

Down 6-0 early on in the game, a triple from junior Jeane Drury topped off a Setters rally to give Pace a 9-8 lead. Both teams took turns holding the lead, but Pace was able to go into half time leading New Haven 25-23.

The Setters continued to separate themselves in the second half, with freshman Shanice Allen getting a lay-up to give Pace its biggest lead, 36-29, at the 11:48 mark.

New Haven however rallied in the final few minutes to take the game.

The men and women’s swimming and diving teams competed in their final meet of the season at the Metropolitan Championships on Sat., Feb. 15, and Sun., Feb. 16.

On Sat., senior Dogus Akay set a men’s swimming school record in the 400-yeard IM, posting a time of 4:09.68, and placing second in the preliminary rounds. Akay finished seventh in the 100-yard backstroke finals, posting a time of 52.48.

Junior Hannah Oleksak and sophomore Kaitlyn Siriano had a strong showing for the women’s team in the 200-yard freestyle. Oleksak finished with a time of 2:00.93, while Siriano finished one second behind her with a time of 2:01.93.

Both teams completed the Metropolitan Finals on Sunday, with the women’s team ending with three placements in the evening finals.

Freshman Kaitlyn Fitzgerald placed 18 in the 200-yard backstroke, while posting a time of 2:14.37.  Fitzgerald ended up taking off five seconds from her best time during her performance. Siriano and Oleksak also placed in the Top 25, with Siriano placing 20 in the 200-yard breaststroke with her time of 2:16.35, while Oleksak placed 24 in the 100 freestyle with a time of 56.94.