The cast of Our Lady Of 121st Street at Arc Stages. 
Left to right: Jillian Hinz, Evan Mahanna, Patrick Purcell, Belle Duddie, Kendall Key, Marquise McCullough, Lilah McCormack, Darius Tiru, Leanna Ward, Michaela Elyse Williams, Faith Andrews,  Payton Cocchia.
Pace University's Spring Play: Our Lady of 121st Street
James Steigerwald, Feature Editor • April 18, 2024

Pace University’s spring play, Stephen Adly Guirgis’ Our Lady of 121st Street, premiered this past week at Arc Stages in Pleasantville. Opening...

Response to BIPOC Mentors Unpaid Since Fall
Response to "BIPOC Mentors Unpaid Since Fall"
Pace Chronicle StaffApril 12, 2024

We thank Dr. Stephanie Akunvabey, Ms. Nila Bhaumik, and Ms. Susan Donahue for taking the article, posted on March 15th, 2024, into consideration...

Graduate Attacker Sydney Juvelier(#14) leaps in celebration with teammates Nikki Mottes(#28) and Lindsay Radmann(#23) vs Adelphi University on April 10, 2024(pacewlax/IG)
#1 WLAX Overcomes #3 Adelphi in Road Test

GARDEN CITY, N.Y.-  Another top-5 matchup went to the Setters. Pace Women's Lacrosse defeated the Adelphi University Panthers 12-11 on the road....

Playoff Hopes Still Alive For Setters Basketball Season

A 19 point performance from senior Denzel Primus-Devonish helped carry the Setters to a 69-51 win over the Panthers of Adelphi University. On Sat., Feb. 22, the Men’s Basketball team pulled Pace within one game for the final playoff spot in the NE-10 Southwest Division.

The Setters opened up the game with a 17-0 run, giving them a 17-3 lead within the first eight minutes of the game. Adelphi was limited to 1-for-18 shooting during that period. Though the Panthers rallied to pull within eight points, the Setters were able to keep them away, going into the half with a 32-22 lead.

Pace continued its offensive run with a 26 point lead midway through the second half.

A win on Tue., Feb. 25 against Le Moyne College, followed by a loss from Adelphi would result in a playoff spot for Pace.

“It’s certainly an interesting situation,” graduate assistant coach Kevin Clark said. “It’s very exciting for our group of guys, especially with it being Coach Kennedy’s first year. We have to treat this next game like it’s already a playoff game.”

The women’s team was also in action on Saturday, as they took an 87-50 loss against Adelphi University.

Freshman Kristen Dodge reached double figures for the third time in the last four games, but it wasn’t enough, as Adelphi took advantage early, leading 23-4 in the first half. The Setters fought back, but Adelphi was able to keep them away.

Both the men and women took on Southern Connecticut State on Wed., Feb. 19, with Dodge leading the way for the Setters with a double-double, winning the game 70-60.

Southern Connecticut opened up the game with the lead, but the Setters were able to pull ahead, as Shanice Allen scored three triples to give Pace a 23-19 lead with 6:56 left.  The Setters lead the Owls 35-28 going into the half.

A three-point play conversion from Yuni Sher gave Pace a ten point lead beginning in the second half, but the Owls rallied with a 19-4 run, giving them a 49-46 lead with 10:55 left.

The Owls continued to fight back, but a lay-up from Dodge put Pace ahead for good, as they followed with a 17-4 run, leading them to the victory.

The men’s team took a 94-69 loss to #9 Southern Connecticut, despite a 30 point performance from Kai Smith, a career high for the senior guard.

Smith also went 6-6 from three-point range, while senior Jonathan Merceus scored 17 points, followed by sophomore Jaylan Mann with 10.

The Owls took a 16-7 lead early on in the first half, and although Pace was able to cut down the lead to 19-13, the Owls scored the next 12 points in the final minutes of the first half, ending the half with a 47-28 lead.

Both teams will face Le Moyne College on Tue., Feb. 25, with the women’s game starting at 5:30 p.m., followed by the men’s game at 7:30 p.m.