Pace Athletics Wins 3 NE-10 Player Of The Week Awards

Dylan Brown, Managing Editor

Four Athletes from Pace Athletics were recognized by the NorthEast 10 as players of the week for their respective sports.

For Week 1, Pace Field Hockey nearly swept the awards, winning 3 of 4. Sophomore Midfielder Krista Dietz was named “NE10 Player of the Week.” On the official website for the conference, Dietz was honored as she “(…)led the way for a Setters team that posted a 2-1 record during its opening week of action.” 

Junior defender Kate Demars was named the NE10 Defensive Player of the Week. Her section reads on northeast10.org: “Demars led the way for a Pace defense that allowed just four goals in a 2-1 stretch this week.”

Lastly for the field hockey team was recognition for freshman Alina Buerger as NE10 Rookie of the week. She is heralded for having just a 1.33 Goals Against Average and playing every minute over the past three matches.

The fourth member of Pace Athletics comes from our football team. Graduate Wide Receiver Ramir Tann-Davis was named the NE10 Special Teams Player of the Week for his 92-yard touchdown from kickoff. He was first to score in a 31-16 victory for Pace over East Stroudsburg University.

Next on the schedule for Pace Field Hockey is their home opener next Tuesday, September 13 versus East Stroudsburg University.

Pace Football plays their first road game in Waltham, MA against Bentley University, also their first NE10 conference game.

For more information go to paceuathletics.com