Pace WBB Survives Dominican University, Wins 3rd Straight

Official Pace Athletics Promotional Poster for the game(Cred: Pace Athletics)

Dylan Brown, Managing Editor

Pace Women’s Basketball was victorious tonight vs the Dominican University Chargers, 44-41.

It was a defensive battle with both teams holding the other to single digits in a quarter.

Dominican College led 12-11 after the first quarter. They would muster only 4 in the second as Pace’s defense clamped down. They themselves would be able to only get 9 points for a halftime score of 20-16 in their favor.

The third quarter was a brief back-and-forth. Dominican College went up as much as 8 at 32-24 with 1:25 left. The Setters would march back into it.

They got a quarter-opening 5-0 run thanks to a jumper from Freshman Forward Ciara Collins and a three from fellow freshman, guard Morgan Ryan. The Graduate point guard Lauren Hackett got a jumper to retake the lead, and start another back and forth up to the 2:03 mark in the fourth, and the game tied at 38.

Both teams would clamp down, allowing no more baskets. The ball would not fall through the net until  Dominican Sophomore guard Tanasha Mills broke the drought with a free throw. Sophomore forward Arianna Stockinger would get two free throws made of her own for Pace, pushing them ahead again

It would be charity shots that would make the difference as Dominican fouls repeatedly sent Setters to the line. Hackett would make one and junior guard Katumina Mansaray would make three on two trips to the line. On the other hand, Pace remained discipline on defense, fouling just once after Mills’ free throws.

The Setters’ stay at Goldstein for their next game, versus College of Saint Rose on December 31st where they will look for a 5th straight win. Tip off is at 1:30. Watch live on ne10now.tv/paceuathletics