Pace Splits Doubleheader with Bentley University.

Dylan Brown, Managing Editor

At yesterday’s doubleheader, Pace’s basketball teams were 1-1 at Bentley University.

The women’s basketball team was victorious in their 1:30 tilt with the Bentley Falcons. Pace WBB overcame 4-point halftime and a 6-point 3rd quarter deficit. Dominance was shown in the paint this contest as Pace outscored Bentley 30-14. It would be a paint jumper by Graduate student Lauren Hackett that would give Pace the lead for good.

The final score was Pace 49, Bentley 48. Leading the way for Pace is Hackett as mentioned above with 11 points and 5 assists. Sophomore forward Tower Lorde contributed in a big way with 10 points and 7 points.

On the men’s side, the game was not as close. Pace MBB was going against a Bentley team that is currently ranked 14th in the country.

The game remained close, being tied at 18 at the 8:40 mark of the first half. From there, The Falcons would get a small cushion of 4-5 points that would be able to keep at halftime. The score was 29-24 in Bentley’s favor.

The score would remain for the first few minutes. Pace would tie the game at 42 at 13:04 courtesy of a Brandon Powell 3-pointer. Bentley would regain their 2-score lead at the 8:40 mark. Eventually, The Falcons would push their lead to double digits. They had a lead as big as 18. The hill would be too big to climb with 3 minutes remaining.

The final score was Falcons 72, Setters 58. Bentley’s win snapped a two-game skid. They have swept Pace for this year’s season series. Pace is now under .500 in conference play at 8-9.

Leading the Setters was Bryan Powell who scored 25 points today. He reached the achievement of  1,000 points in his Pace career. Point guard Lyron Bennett also had 11 points and 7 assists.