Pace Men’s Lacrosse Improves to 6-0, defeats American International College On The Road

Dylan Brown, Managing Editor

SPRINGFIELD, MA- 11th nationally ranked Pace Men’s Lacrosse improves their NorthEast-10 record with a blowout win over American International College to the score of 12-3.

Pace defeated Saint Michael’s College on March 15, 16-11 at home to begin their NE-10 campaign. Their most recent game was on March 18 at home versus Georgian Court University ending in a 16-5 victory.

AIC opened the scoring at 11:11 in the first. Pace scored the next 2 in the period and 6 in period 2 to AIC’s 1 for an 8-2 lead at halftime.

The Setter defense would remain stout going into the second half. Pace allowed just 1 goal in all second half to the Yellow Jackets. They forced 11 turnovers and allowed only 12 shots.

Meanwhile, on offense, the ball continued to end up in the back of the net. Pace scored 4 more in the second half. The lead was as much as 10 after a goal by freshman midfielder Declan Landers.

Pace’s victory on the road ensured they remained undefeated on the year, improving to 6-0. Leading the way was sophomore attacker Daniel Zabbia with 3 goals and 1 assist for 4 points. The aforementioned Declan Landers had 3 goals in total. Graduate attacker Ryan Brown also had 3 points with 2 goals and 1 assist.

Pace returns home to play NE-10 Lacrosse rival Le Moyne College on March 28. The match is expected to begin at 3:30 pm. Watch live on ne10now.tv/paceuathletics.