The Pace Womens basketball bench celebrates on the sidelines (Paceuathletics.com)
Fast Starts Prop up Mens and Women's Basketball
Dylan Brown, Managing Editor • November 21, 2023

Undefeated records are held for both Pace Mens Basketball and Women's Basketball. The commencement of the 2023-24 season has been great for both...

Opportunity to Voice Concerns- Pace Chronicle to Interview President Krislov
Pace Chronicle StaffNovember 16, 2023

Staff members of The Pace Chronicle will interview University President Martin Krislov on Thursday, December 7.  The past months have been full...

Main Entrance of Kessel Cafe (Pace Chronicle file photo)
Does Pace University Do Enough To Accommodate Students With Dietary Restrictions?
Tisha Baker, Contributing Writer • November 14, 2023

Many students at Pace University face challenges dining at Kessel. Besides there being limited options for students with severe dietary restrictions,...

Pace Soccer blanks Saint Michael’s at Home

Official promotion graphic for the October 8 home game vs Saint Michael’s College featuring senior midfielder Gabrielle Mpasiakos (pacesoccer_/IG)

One was all the Setters needed for victory over The Saint Michael’s College Purple Knights last Sunday. Pace Stadium saw another triumph over the weekend following the decisive win by the football team over Post University last Saturday.

The last game was a rough one, Pace themselves were shut out by (15) Adelphi University on their home pitch in Garden City, NY. With the NE-10 portion of the season rolling on, all there was to do was improve.

The first half was mostly pedestrian. There were some shots and some chances but none in the back of the net. Saint Michael’s had three corner kicks in the first 25 minutes of the half, but none would materialize. Opportunity for Pace also came at a premium. It would be only 5 minutes from the half-time break when Pace broke through for a goal. It was Shannon Selvaggio who put it home and Pace on top.

The Setters’ only job was to preserve the lead, which is exactly what they did. Ana Fiore got a save for Pace and another SMC corner was defended away. This game was almost level as a 64th-minute shot went off the right crossbar and away from the net. Fiore would get two more saves to complete her clean sheet and another Pace victory.

Fiore finished with 6 saves on the day for Pace. The home team had the advantage on corner kicks taking 8 to 5 for the Purple Knights. The Setters had 11 shots to Saint Michael’s 10. Six of their 10 shots were on goal to four out of 11 for Pace, who got the ball to feel nylon once. The win brings them to 5-4-1, back to a winning record.

Pace stays here for their next game on Tuesday, October 11. The College of Staten Island Dolphins from Staten Island, NY are visiting Northwell Stadium in Pleasantville, NY.  This is the last non-conference game of the season for The Setters. The first kick is expected at 7:00 p.m. Watch live at the stadium or on ne10now.tv