The Pace Womens basketball bench celebrates on the sidelines (Paceuathletics.com)
Fast Starts Prop up Mens and Women's Basketball
Dylan Brown, Managing Editor • November 21, 2023

Undefeated records are held for both Pace Mens Basketball and Women's Basketball. The commencement of the 2023-24 season has been great for both...

Opportunity to Voice Concerns- Pace Chronicle to Interview President Krislov
Pace Chronicle StaffNovember 16, 2023

Staff members of The Pace Chronicle will interview University President Martin Krislov on Thursday, December 7.  The past months have been full...

Main Entrance of Kessel Cafe (Pace Chronicle file photo)
Does Pace University Do Enough To Accommodate Students With Dietary Restrictions?
Tisha Baker, Contributing Writer • November 14, 2023

Many students at Pace University face challenges dining at Kessel. Besides there being limited options for students with severe dietary restrictions,...

Pep Band Brings School Spirit to Pace University

Pep Band performs at Programming Boards Holiday Open Mic Night in Fall 2022 (Kat Brennan)
Pep Band performs at Programming Board’s Holiday Open Mic Night in Fall 2022 (Kat Brennan)

The beginning of the fall semester at Pace University brings about plenty of new activities for students to enjoy and partake in. From Sports games and club events to busy classes, there is a plethora of opportunities to keep students occupied. Among these opportunities is the Pep Band.

The Pep band, directed by Phil Monterio, is a student band that appears at most home football and basketball games throughout the season. The Band is also responsible for playing live music for events such as Open House and Convocation.  

Assistant Band Director Lorenzo Osorio strongly encouraged people to join.

“I think anyone who plays an instrument should join. We have a lot of fun.” He said. “It’s not only about playing good music. It’s about the community and the people you meet through the band.”  

When asked if he recommended students of Pace to join, Lorenzo simply answered, “100 percent.” 

Pep Band meets every Friday from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. for rehearsal in the Goldstein aerobics room. Students can follow them on Instagram at @pace_pepband or reach out to [email protected] for more information.