Marks Hall/The Welcome Center front entrance. Photo/Lilah McCormack.
Stolen Car Pursuit Ends at Marks Hall
Sahtrese McQueen, News Editor • February 18, 2024

Last week on Thursday, February 8th, police vehicles were present in front of Mark’s Hall, otherwise known as the Welcome Center. This disrupted...

Tray Alexander chest passes to a positioning Bryan Powell vs Assumption University on February 14, 2024. (Dylan Brown)
History Made In Two Game Pace MBB Homestand
Dylan Brown, Managing Editor • February 17, 2024

This week was an eventful one for Pace Men's Basketball. The team picked up two wins versus NE-10 teams. They will remain in contention for hosting...

Delta Phi Epsilon sisters with Alpha Phi Delta brother (Bianca Bevevino)
Greek Life at Pace University is Unlike Any Other School
Bianca Bevevino, Guest Writer • February 4, 2024

Delta Phi Epsilon’s (DPhiE) annual National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders (ANAD) Vigil is not a happy event. It...

Fast Starts Prop up Mens and Women’s Basketball

The Pace Women’s basketball bench celebrates on the sidelines (Paceuathletics.com)

Undefeated records are held for both Pace Mens Basketball and Women’s Basketball. The commencement of the 2023-24 season has been great for both squads finding ways to win.

Today, Pace MBB is 4-0 with 1 over NE-10 Squad College of Saint Rose. Pace WBB sits at 5-0, also previously beating Saint Rose. Both are scheduled for a doubleheader on Wednesday, November 29 at home vs the Adelphi University Panthers.

A deep bench has marked WBB’s success. Currently, 9 players are averaging over 10 minutes of action per game. Additionally, multiple players are scoring at least 6 points a game. Tower Lorde leads the pack with 12 to go with 6.3 rebounds.

Pace MBB have shooting to go their way. So far, the team has shot 42% beyond the arc. Five players are shooting over 35% led by Bryan Powell at 47%. Overall from the field, the team is at an efficient 49%.

Women’s basketball pulled out a win after down 15 vs Caldwell University on November 11. Despite being down at halftime, the Setters outscored the Cougars by 8 points in the 3rd quarter and by 7 points in the 4th. The result was a 69-66 victory.

A game-winner by point guard Tray Alexander last Saturday, November 18 gave Pace MBB their second at home. His deep 2 capped a back-and-forth contest with multiple lead changes and killed a late Saint Rose surge. Alexander put Pace up for good 64-62.

Pace MBB has got into the Top 25 of the NCAA Division II rankings as of this week currently the 24th team in the nation. Meanwhile, Tower Lorde was named NE-10 player of the week for the week of November 20-26. She heavily contributed to Pace WBB remaining undefeated.