Photo via paceuathletics.com
Men's Lacrosse seeded 3rd for NE-10 Playoffs

The regular season for Northeast-10 Men's Lacrosse has come to an end. In a dead heat, the Setters wound up with the third seed in the conference....

Evan MahannaApril 20, 2024

Nicholas Diaz and Paris TraceyApril 19, 2024

Pace MLAX wins on Senior Day

Pace Men’s Lacrosse senior players honored at centerfield during halftime.(paceuathletics/IG)

Senior Day began with commemoration for the graduating class and ended in victory. 11th-ranked Pace Men’s Lacrosse defeated the Southern New Hampshire University(SNHU) Penmen yesterday afternoon by a score of 18-10. The Setters move to 8-1 on the year.

At halftime, 8 players were honored with a plaque and family surrounding them. Ryan Kemp is a graduate student attacker who transferred into Pace. So far, he has tallied 26 goals and 13 assists. Fellow transfer Jakeim Pratt is a midfielder for Pace. He has appeared in 3 games so far.

Midfielder Rafael Rodriguez Jr has appeared in all but 2 possible games. He was named to the NE-10 All Rookie Team in 2021. Rodriguez Jr jas started every game this year and did the same in 2022 and 2023. For his career, he sits at 54 goals and 26 assists for 80 points.

Long stick midfielder Nick Honan hangs his hat on forcing groundballs and turnovers. Over his 4 year career, he caused 39 ground balls and 23 caused turnovers over 38 games.

Rowan Kelly is an attacker who did well on offense and on defense. In 44 games he 6 goals and 16 assists for 22 points. Kelly also has  77 groundballs forced and has caused 31 turnovers.

Senior Chris Caputo plays Long stick midfielder for 4 years now as a Setter.  He’s forced 53 groundballs and caused 45 turnovers. Caputo has played 43  games over the year.

As a midfielder, Maxwell Streety has excelled on both sides of the ball. He has forced over 300 groundballs, while winning 57% of his faceoffs taken. Currently, Streety has 20 points for his career with 13 goals and 7 assists.

Pace opened the game with a goal, Colin Reese scoring with 13:49 to go. The Setters got two more to make it 3-0 before it reached under 10 minutes. A fifth goal with 25 seconds left until the first period ended made it a 5-1 advantage. The first five minutes of the seconf half did not produce as much offense, scoring mostly under 10 minutes. Pace did score two within a minute of eachother before the 10:30 mark. They one uped themselves in the 6th minute, scoring goal 8 at 6:12 and goal 9 at 6:04. SNHU scored two with less then 2 until halftime to cut the lead down to 4. Another last second Setters goal pushed the lead back up one for a 10-5 lead into the break.

The Penmen struck first in the third with a goal at the 11:43 mark. They would also strike often. The Penmen scored twice within 2 minutes to cut the lead down to 3 at 11-8.  After a Setters’ answer, SNHU once agin shrunk the lead to 3. Pace would get their feet back under them, scoring four in the last 3 minutes. Once again, Pace got a goal with less then 30 seconds to go, this time with 0:04 showing on the clock. The lead was 16-9 into the fourth, securely meaning W for Pace.

The 15 For Life Game is next on schedule, happening tomorrow, April 9 at 7pm. The Assumption University Greyhounds will be the visitors. Watch live either at Northwell Stadium or online at https://ne10now.tv/paceuathletics