Setters advance to NCAA Quarterfinals
Dylan Brown, Managing Editor • May 16, 2024

Pace is one step closer to repeating. The Setters defeated the Bentley University Falcons today, 17-10 to advance. Initially offense-filled,...

On field celebrations begin at Northwell Stadium following Pace WLAXs NE-10 Championship game victory on May 11, 2024 (pacewlax and paceuathletics/IG)
Pace WLAX Win NE-10 Title, Hosts NCAA East Regional
Dylan Brown, Managing Editor • May 14, 2024

The title defense marches on for the Setters. Pace Women's Lacrosse defeated Adelphi University 16-14 last Saturday to win the Northeast-10 Championship....

Challengers (2024) official poster
Challengers Review
Evan MahannaMay 10, 2024

Challengers, directed by Luca Guadagnino, is a new romantic sports drama that brings a fresh approach to both genres. It’s a tale of a toxic...

Pace MLAX To Play in NCAA Tournament

Photo Courtesy of Pace Athletics(Paceatheltics/IG)

For the first time in 7 years, Pace University Men’s Lacrosse is in the NCAA Tournament. The Setters learned of their fate last evening via live stream on NCAA.com. They also learned the team stays home for one more game, getting in as the 4th seed.

Also in the Setters’  region is undefeated #3 ranked Saint Anselm College, who beat the Setters twice this year, and #6 Bentley who will face each other.

Coming to Pleasantville is the #5 in the tournament the Mercyhurst University Lakers. Mercyhurst ended their year winning the Great Midwestern Athletic Conference last Saturday. Thus, they earned an automatic bid into the NCAA Tournament.  The Lakers record is 13-4. They are 5-3 on the road and lost their only game to the NE-10 this year: An 18-10 defeat to Saint Anselm on March 11.

Pace won their most recent home game: A 16-8 victory over the Assumption University Greyhounds on April 27 in the first round of the Northeast 10 Conference Championship first round. The Setters fell four days later to Saint Anselm College on May 1. A late surge by the Hawks at home stole victory from Pace and the chance to play in the next round. With Saint Anselm earning the 3 seed, it is the third edge they got over the Setters.

Overall, Pace is 12-3. At home, the Setters are 7-1, their lone defeat to the aforementioned Adelphi University Panthers. The winner of this match goes to Motamed Field, home of Adelphi in Garden City, New York.

First Draw is scheduled for 4:00 pm. You can watch the game live at https://ne10now.tv/paceuathletics. or find tickets at paceuathletics.com/tickets. Find the bracket and schedule at ncaa.com