On field celebrations begin at Northwell Stadium following Pace WLAXs NE-10 Championship game victory on May 11, 2024 (pacewlax and paceuathletics/IG)
Pace WLAX Win NE-10 Title, Hosts NCAA East Regional
Dylan Brown, Managing Editor • May 14, 2024

The title defense marches on for the Setters. Pace Women's Lacrosse defeated Adelphi University 16-14 last Saturday to win the Northeast-10 Championship....

Challengers (2024) official poster
Challengers Review
Evan MahannaMay 10, 2024

Challengers, directed by Luca Guadagnino, is a new romantic sports drama that brings a fresh approach to both genres. It’s a tale of a toxic...

Official Poster for Pace Docs 2024 documentary, The Cooper: Crafting The Soul of The Cask
Graphic design by Lilah McCormack
PaceDocs Premieres "The Cooper: Crafting the Soul of the Cask"
Evan MahannaMay 7, 2024

Pace University's Producing the Documentary course students traveled to Spain to film a new documentary this year. As part of the annual PaceDocs...

Disney’s Wreck-It Ralph Movie Does “Okay”

Disney has done it yet again. Wreck-It Ralph, their latest animated film, has done rather well in the box office considering it was only released on Nov. 2.

The movie takes place in a variety of video game settings portraying both classical characters and characters introduced throughout the movie. This aspect alone is a major factor as to why there is so much attention toward this film. Video game fanatics would love nothing more than to see Bowser from the Mario series become part of a villainous society with the ghosts from Pac-man.

Another reason for the film’s success is perhaps because it is indeed a Disney family film.

Disney, a company that has produced classic animated films such as The Little Mermaid (1989), The Lion King (1995), Aladdin (1992), and recent films such as Tangled (2010), has a habit of pleasing just about every age group in one movie. This is especially the case with Disney Pixar. However, to the surprise of some, Wreck-It Ralph is not a Pixar movie.

The film contains just the right amount of everything that is known and adored by viewers. It appeals to the imagination for children and has a great sense of humor for the older generations. For example, the game series called “Tomb Raider” has been around for many years and isn’t necessarily a children’s game. However, Ralph, played by John C. Reilly, made references to the character of “Tomb Raider” in one of the film scenes, allowing for an older viewer watching the movie to understand the joke and find it funny.

The rating for the movie is PG due to crude humor and mild violence, yet Wreck-It Ralph had a very original plot, allowing the film to be relatable and interesting.

There are not many movies released in today’s day and age that can be considered original. The idea that all these gaming characters coexist, and that one character from one game can have such a profound impact on another from another game is quite impressive considering the background they each come from.

Ralph played a villain in his game, yet he ended up befriending a sweet innocent little girl named Vanellope Von Schweetz (played by Sarah Silverman). Each character has their own little back-story that can make the movie a little touching at times, as well.

Additionally, the amazing cast that features talented actors such as Jane Lynch (who plays Calhoun) also makes the movie worth watching. Whether you are familiar with video games or not, the film is a fun watch for people of all ages.