The cast of Our Lady Of 121st Street at Arc Stages. 
Left to right: Jillian Hinz, Evan Mahanna, Patrick Purcell, Belle Duddie, Kendall Key, Marquise McCullough, Lilah McCormack, Darius Tiru, Leanna Ward, Michaela Elyse Williams, Faith Andrews,  Payton Cocchia.
Pace University's Spring Play: Our Lady of 121st Street
James Steigerwald, Feature Editor • April 18, 2024

Pace University’s spring play, Stephen Adly Guirgis’ Our Lady of 121st Street, premiered this past week at Arc Stages in Pleasantville. Opening...

Response to BIPOC Mentors Unpaid Since Fall
Response to "BIPOC Mentors Unpaid Since Fall"
Pace Chronicle StaffApril 12, 2024

We thank Dr. Stephanie Akunvabey, Ms. Nila Bhaumik, and Ms. Susan Donahue for taking the article, posted on March 15th, 2024, into consideration...

Graduate Attacker Sydney Juvelier(#14) leaps in celebration with teammates Nikki Mottes(#28) and Lindsay Radmann(#23) vs Adelphi University on April 10, 2024(pacewlax/IG)
#1 WLAX Overcomes #3 Adelphi in Road Test

GARDEN CITY, N.Y.-  Another top-5 matchup went to the Setters. Pace Women's Lacrosse defeated the Adelphi University Panthers 12-11 on the road....

Half-time at the Super Bowl

Half-time at the Super Bowl

In the cold winter months of the beginning of each year there is only one day where everyone across the United States in uniformly sitting in front of their television.

Super Bowl Sunday.

But what is it that draws our attention to the four hours of game time. Is it the teams or the food, the commercials or the fights? Neither; let’s be honest, it’s the half time show.

During the 47 Super Bowl hosted in New Orleans everyone waited to see which team would win, the Baltimore Ravens or the San Francisco 49ers, which Harbaugh brother will lead his team to victory, and most importantly, would Beyoncé lip sync, AGAIN, or blow the crowd away by actually singing.

The Super Bowl half time show, by Pepsi, began with the first fan made countdown followed by a rush of fans onto the field.

The stage darkened and neon lights flashed before a figure emerged on center stage, Beyoncé entered with smoke, lights, and fire, between lights shaped in a way that looked like two faces that were looking at each other.

“I thought it [Beyoncé’s show] was awesome, she rocked it. I was working and the whole restaurant stopped to watch her. It was pretty cool” said junior criminal justice major Caitlin Doddy.

Beyoncé was dressed in a tight black leather leotard with a black lace skirt.

Beyoncé’s performance began with the song “Crazy in Love”, which featured the voice over music of Jay-Z off her first album Dangerously in Love and went on to include other singles including “Baby Boy” and “Single Ladies.”

Additionally, special musical guest included Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams who, with Beyoncé, formed to be a reunion for Destiny’s Child.

“I think her performance was amazing, I had a feeling that Destiny’s Child would come back and it felt like my childhood came back too,” said junior business management major Alison Wu.

Beyoncé along with Rowland and Williams sang “Bootylicious”, “Independent Women”, and they additionally sang along as backups on the song “Single Ladies”.

“Beyoncé is so passionate, dominate and knows exactly how to bring energy to the stage. I’m pretty sure some people forgot it was the Super Bowl, it was more of a Beyoncé concert!”  said Wu.

The show also included many back up dancers, interesting lighting such as a kaleidoscope effect, and great costume design.

In the end the halftime show included an amazing performance that was elegant, well-choreographed, and well planned. Additionally, Beyoncé really brought her all into the performance. Form dancing across the stage, to singing her heart out.