Response to BIPOC Mentors Unpaid Since Fall
Response to "BIPOC Mentors Unpaid Since Fall"
Pace Chronicle StaffApril 12, 2024

We thank Dr. Stephanie Akunvabey, Ms. Nila Bhaumik, and Ms. Susan Donahue for taking the article, posted on March 15th, 2024, into consideration...

Graduate Attacker Sydney Juvelier(#14) leaps in celebration with teammates Nikki Mottes(#28) and Lindsay Radmann(#23) vs Adelphi University on April 10, 2024(pacewlax/IG)
#1 WLAX Overcomes #3 Adelphi in Road Test

GARDEN CITY, N.Y.-  Another top-5 matchup went to the Setters. Pace Women's Lacrosse defeated the Adelphi University Panthers 12-11 on the road....

Monkey Man Poster
Source: Wikipedia
Monkey Man: The Revival of Action Movies
James Steigerwald, Feature Editor • April 11, 2024

Monkey Man is an action/thriller movie released on March 11th, 2024, directed by and starring Dev Patel. Patel’s career breakthrough was his...

Star War, No more?

The force is strong within the Star Wars movie universe and now is focusing that attention on the new installments to the Star Wars Trilogy, Star Wars Episode VII, VIII, and IX.

On Jan. 29, BBC reported that the 3D digital adaptions of two of the Star Wars prequel trilogy movies, Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith would be postponed so Lucasfilms, now a branch of the Disney franchise, would be able to focus their attention on the first movie of the newest trilogy that is set to premiere in 2015.

“I think they generate a lot of revenue and help people reminisce about their childhood,” said freshman nursing major Paige Gerber. “It also provides a good movie for children and young adults to see since there have not been a lot of kid friendly /oriented films.”

On Feb. 15 of last year The Phantom Menace, also commonly referred to as Episode I, was re-released with 3D features in theaters and brought in 22.4 million during its premiere weekend.

Episode I was originally released in 1999 followed by two other installments, between 2000 and 2005.

Additionally, last Fri. Disney Co. announced that J.J. Abrams will direct the seventh edition of the trilogy.

Abrams directed both a Star Trek restart film back in 2009 and Star Trek into the Darkness set to come out in May. Abrams was also the creator of the television show “Lost.”

Creator of the Star Wars Franchise, George Lucas, directed four of the six current films.

Although it is unknown currently where the story may lead for the new installments Michael Arndt, an Oscar-winning writer, will script the film.

The original trilogy included Episode IV: A New Hope, Episode V: Empire Strikes Back and Episode VI: Return of the Jedi and starred Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, and Harrison Ford.  The films, which were released between 1977 and 1983, are considered a cultural icon of the generation.

Fisher, Hamilton, and Ford are all expected to have appearances and references in the new installments.

Disney Co. brought LucasFilms from owner Lucus back in the end of Oct. for approximately 4.05 billion dollars in shares, stocks, and cash.

The powerhouse franchise now controls all facets of the company from merchandise from animation designs, products, as well as Skywalker Sound Studio, Lucasfilm live-action production business, Industrial Light and Magic Effects Company, and any video games, movies, videos.

Disney is also owner to many other companies in the industry such as Marvel Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, and Touchstone Pictures.

For more information on Disney Company, George Lucus, or The Star Wars franchise, please visit IMDb.com.