Marks Hall/The Welcome Center front entrance. Photo/Lilah McCormack.
Stolen Car Pursuit Ends at Marks Hall
Sahtrese McQueen, News Editor • February 18, 2024

Last week on Thursday, February 8th, police vehicles were present in front of Mark’s Hall, otherwise known as the Welcome Center. This disrupted...

Tray Alexander chest passes to a positioning Bryan Powell vs Assumption University on February 14, 2024. (Dylan Brown)
History Made In Two Game Pace MBB Homestand
Dylan Brown, Managing Editor • February 17, 2024

This week was an eventful one for Pace Men's Basketball. The team picked up two wins versus NE-10 teams. They will remain in contention for hosting...

Delta Phi Epsilon sisters with Alpha Phi Delta brother (Bianca Bevevino)
Greek Life at Pace University is Unlike Any Other School
Bianca Bevevino, Guest Writer • February 4, 2024

Delta Phi Epsilon’s (DPhiE) annual National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders (ANAD) Vigil is not a happy event. It...

Powell’s Game Winner Lifts Pace MBB at the Buzzer

Point Guard Tray Alexander dribbles through traffic vs New Haven (pacembb/IG)

Bryan Powell’s three-pointer at the buzzer stole the victory for Pace, downing The University of New Haven. What seemed like a game-winning jump shot for the Chargers with 7 seconds was answered dramatically. The final score was 56-55, getting back in the win column.

While the game was close to the end in the second half, the first had New Haven victory all over it. Pace opened the half down 10-4 at 15:14 then were down again 20-12 with 10 minutes to go. The Setters would get back in the game. Marc Dadika’s jumper capped a 10-2 home team scoring run and took the lead again at 23-22. New Haven’s defense would get tighter as the half ended. They forced Pace to miss four straight shots and got a turnover. On offense, the three-ball fell twice and the lane seemed to widen for layups. At halftime, The Setters trailed 31-25.

It took a while for scoring for either side, then it turned to baskets exchanged. After 10 minutes the lead went from 6 points to 5 with a 43-38 score. Pace got a scoring run for the 8th and 7th minute to make it a one-possession game at 46-44 with 7:43 left. The lead would remain with the Chargers, however. A dunk and a layup increased the lead to four from two twice.

Finally, with 2 and a half minutes, Pace got the lead with a Powell three-pointer. Sean Braithwaite for the Chargers answered with three of his own. Marc Dadika put in a layup with 1:36 left to re-tie the game. Ethan Simon with just 7 seconds hit a jumper to give the Chargers a two-point lead. It opened the door for Powell’s heroics.

Four players scored in double figures: Tray Alexander with 12 points, Jaden Kealey with 11, and Powell and Dadika had 10 a piece. Alexander recorded a near triple-double with 9 rebounds and 7 assists with his 12.

Pace takes a trip to the state capital of Albany, New York this weekend playing The College of Saint Rose for the final time in the regular season.  It goes down Saturday, January 27 at 3:30 p.m. Watch live on ne10now.tv