Marks Hall/The Welcome Center front entrance. Photo/Lilah McCormack.
Stolen Car Pursuit Ends at Marks Hall
Sahtrese McQueen, News Editor • February 18, 2024

Last week on Thursday, February 8th, police vehicles were present in front of Mark’s Hall, otherwise known as the Welcome Center. This disrupted...

Tray Alexander chest passes to a positioning Bryan Powell vs Assumption University on February 14, 2024. (Dylan Brown)
History Made In Two Game Pace MBB Homestand
Dylan Brown, Managing Editor • February 17, 2024

This week was an eventful one for Pace Men's Basketball. The team picked up two wins versus NE-10 teams. They will remain in contention for hosting...

Delta Phi Epsilon sisters with Alpha Phi Delta brother (Bianca Bevevino)
Greek Life at Pace University is Unlike Any Other School
Bianca Bevevino, Guest Writer • February 4, 2024

Delta Phi Epsilon’s (DPhiE) annual National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders (ANAD) Vigil is not a happy event. It...

Pace WBB Downs Adelphi On The Road

Coach Carrie Seymour talks to her players prior to the start of the 2nd quarter in Garden City, N.Y. on 1/30/24 (ne10now.tv/adelphipanthers)

GARDEN CITY, N.Y.-  Back into the win column goes Pace Women’s Basketball. The Setters topped the Adelphi University Panthers yesterday by a score of 59-52. Their record improves to 14-5 and 8-3 on the road.

The College of Saint Rose ended the visiting  Setters’ 3-game winning streak last Saturday, June 27 in Albany, N.Y. Yesterday was the second leg of Pace’s in-state NE-10 competition.

Scoring came easy early. The first quarter opened with an 8-0 run in the first 4 minutes. Halfway through the quarter, Pace led 8-2. Point differential would remain through the end of the quarter, ending 17-10 in the blue and gold’s favor.

Adelphi made a point to take drives to the lead, successfully cutting the lead out of the break to 1. The Panthers got their first lead from a three-pointer by forward Jenna Jordan, ahead 21-19 just before the 5-minute mark. Arianna Stockinger’s 3 ball retook the lead for the Setters. Ciara Collins got inside for two, expanding the lead back to 5.  Adelphi’s offense went cold, not scoring after Jordan’s 3 until cashing in on free throws with just 2 seconds before the half. Into the break, the score was 28-23, favoring Pace.

The screws on the Setters’ defense tightened holding Adelphi without points until 7:40 in the third. Stockinger got another jumper to stretch the lead to 9. Jordan however had her shot on offense, scoring Adelphi’s first 8 points. Pace would be able to keep distance from their opposition. Mackenzie Martin’s layup made it 40-32 with 1:37 left, but the rest of that time belonged to the Panthers. Another jumper plus free throws shrunk the lead to 40-37, setting up a tight fourth quarter.

Neither team scored for the first 2 minutes, a spell broken by Adelphi hitting two free throws. Free throws by Shanice Sinclair and two shots by Stockinger ballooned the lead to 47-41 with 6 and a third minutes left. Easy layups for Adelphi would get the lead to 2 and just under 4 minutes left. Pace would ensure to keep their advantage. Adelphi three making the score 51-49, Pace answered with a 5-1 run over the next 2 minutes, going up 56-51 with 2:05 left. The nail in the coffin was a three-pointer by Mackenzie Martin with 35 seconds, the game decidedly in the Setters’ favor.

Stockinger and Ciara Collins both led with 18 points. Stockinger had 11 rebounds, Collins 10 for a pair of double-doubles. Sinclair also neared a double-double, she had 9 points and 7 assists. Martin who had the game-sealing three-pointer, had 10 points and 3 rebounds.

The Setters are back home for two home games. The first comes on February 1 versus the Bentley University Falcons. On Saturday, February 3, The Saint Michael’s College Purple Knights visit the Goldstein Athletic Center. The tip-off for both games is at 1:30 pm. Find tickets at paceathletics.universitytickets.com or watch live on ne10now.tv