Pace’s New SGA President Has Big Plans

Photo Courtesy of Pace University

Photo Courtesy of Pace University

Emily Bresnahan, Feature Writer

Julian Alston, a driven business management senior, is now taking on the role as President of Pace University’s Student Government Association (SGA).

Only a few weeks into the school year, Alston already has big plans for the upcoming school year, which include placing a solar panel tree on campus.

This solar panel tree is “a tree-like structure,” equipped with solar panels that can attract sunlight and “actually power laptops, and even have outlets on them,” explained Alston.

By converting unused spaces into something more useful, Alston believes it will allow students to have better places to congregate and enjoy campus.

One spot on campus that Alston believes should be updated is Millar Lawn.

“It is one of the most highly populated walkways on campus,” the SGA President said.

He believes that by getting better benches, it will create a more user-friendly space.

As for external goals, Alston wishes to bring the Pace community closer to the Pleasantville community. By creating more partnerships with downtown businesses and having more representation throughout the town, it will promote a more cohesive relationship.

Alston often hears from students that there is nothing to do and he wants to make more students aware of all the events Pace and the town of Pleasantville have to offer.

Nonetheless, Alston hopes that when he leaves Pace University, he will be remembered as “someone who genuinely cared about the community, and left Pace better than when he found it”