Challengers (2024) official poster
Challengers Review
Evan MahannaMay 10, 2024

Challengers, directed by Luca Guadagnino, is a new romantic sports drama that brings a fresh approach to both genres. It’s a tale of a toxic...

Official Poster for Pace Docs 2024 documentary, The Cooper: Crafting The Soul of The Cask
Graphic design by Lilah McCormack
PaceDocs Premieres "The Cooper: Crafting the Soul of the Cask"
Evan MahannaMay 7, 2024

Pace University's Producing the Documentary course students traveled to Spain to film a new documentary this year. As part of the annual PaceDocs...

Photo Courtesy of Pace Athletics(Paceatheltics/IG)
Pace MLAX To Play in NCAA Tournament
Dylan Brown, Managing Editor • May 6, 2024

For the first time in 7 years, Pace University Men's Lacrosse is in the NCAA Tournament. The Setters learned of their fate last evening via live...

What Else is New?

Due to the suggestions and concerns of Pace students in the spring 2013 semester, Chart- wells has modified and added several options in Kessel for the benefit of student health and sat- isfaction.

Previous complaints made by students regarding Kessel’s caf- eteria ranged from food-related illness to lack of variety. Stu- dents made the Administrative Task Force aware of their con- cerns with insufficient dietary options for kosher, gluten-free, or organic products, long waits for food, cross-contamination through the repeated use of uten- sils, and less than friendly cus- tomer service practices.

As soon as one enters the Kessel cafeteria, one will notice several differences from the pre- vious academic year, both aes- thetic and dietary. The grill and deli stations have both been re- decorated with modified menus and brighter color schemes. Be- yond looks, there is now a Latin American station, a gluten-free station, and more organic and all-natural products. There is now a plethora of new items, as well as new combo meals and $5

dollar deals, because Chartwells understands that meals are ex- pensive for students. Thus far, students seem to notice and are appreciative.

“I know there’s an obvi- ous difference. The new look is nice, and having more options is always good,” senior applied psychology major Joshua Mo- lyneaux said. “The premium food is a particularly nice touch, but it’s really expensive. Hav- ing food that people can get for themselves is excellent, so that we don’t have to wait there for long amounts of time anymore.”

Other students agree that the new additions to Pace dining is more accommodating.

“I like what they have done. I like that the grill is now buf- fet style, so people can pick out the amount of food they want.” sophomore biology major Shaina Weir said. “Some of the more or- ganic products taste really good from what I have tried, and it is a good change. As for the Well- ness Wednesdays, it’s definitely a healthier choice. Overall I think it is a nice and enjoyable change.”

Khara Potter, Assistant Food Service Director and Catering Director for Chartwells, has been working with Chartwells seven years and has been at Pace for two years. She has noticed stu- dent reactions as well.

“There are a few hiccups here and there, but we try and fix them…[Students] love it.” Potter said.

As for the previous cases of foodborne illness listed off in SGA meetings and discussed thoroughly with Chartwells last semester, there have fortunately

been no reported cases of food- related illness thus far this se- mester. Should any concerns or instances arise; students always have the option to inform the Administrative Task Force by contacting Vice President of Ad- ministration, Ashley Lora. Kes- sel also has a suggestion box

for students who would rather remain anonymous or who might feel uncomfortable addressing concerns in person.

“We do listen to what [stu- dents] say, and we do try to make changes for the better because we are here for them,” Potter said.