Photo via paceuathletics.com
Men's Lacrosse seeded 3rd for NE-10 Playoffs

The regular season for Northeast-10 Men's Lacrosse has come to an end. In a dead heat, the Setters wound up with the third seed in the conference....

Evan Mahanna April 20, 2024

Nicholas Diaz and Paris Tracey April 19, 2024

Athletics New Addition: Drew Brown

Students and faculty will arrive to Pace this fall and be greeted by the newest member of the Athletic Department.

Drew Brown was introduced as the Director of Athletic Development earlier this summer. His job description includes overseeing all activities related to the promotion and advancement of funding for the athletic department.

The Saint Peter’s College graduate is looking forward to facing the challenges of his new job.

“I wouldn’t call it a challenge, but something that will take a little time as with joining any new organization is learning the history of Pace University and the athletic programs.” Drew Brown said. “Fortunately, being from the area and being a former student-athlete and coach myself, I will bring some of that with me.”

The 14 administrator of Pace’s athletic department has a plethora of administrative experience. Drew Brown was the Director of Alumni Relations last year and the Associate Athletics Director for External Affairs at Mercy College.

There is an element of luck that introduced Drew Brown to the job offer. Drew Brown admits to first hearing about the job offer through a friend. Because of that friend, Drew Brown got the chance to flash his credentials to the athletic department at Pace.

Pace’s Director of Athletics Mike Brown sited experience as something that separated Drew Brown from the rest of the resumes.

“Drew came to our attention pretty late in the process.” Mike Brown said.  “He surfaced after we initially narrowed the pool of finalist but his wide range of experiences really made him stand out.”

Students and faculty alike may not have seen Drew Brown yet. However, Mike Brown has ample confidence in his newest hire.

“I know the students will react very positively.” Mike Brown said.  “He is a genuine person who can walk into a room and immediately make people feel at ease, He’s also a sports nut so he’ll be around so much, that he’ll be part of the family in no time.”

The newest member of the Pace family will have a role to play in Pace’s Master Plan. Parts of the plan include building new sports fields, construct a new field house, and improve the lighting on the baseball field.

Drew Brown expects his role in the Master Plan to be centered around fundraising and the promotion of athletics on campus.