Cowboys Dominate Offensive Line

28 SEPTEMBER 2014: Dallas Cowboys guard Ronald Leary (65) and center Travis Frederick (72) and guard Zack Martin (70) during a regular season NFL football game between the Dallas Cowboys and the New Orleans Saints at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, TX.

Ray Carlin/Icon Sportswire

Ray Carlin/Icon Sportswire

Sean Browne, Sports Editor

As a New York Giants fan, nothing pains more than to have to admit that the Dallas Cowboys have the best unit of players in the NFL, and that is there offensive line. Consisting of pro bowlers Zach Martin, Travis Fredrick, and Tyron Smith. They have cleared the way for running backs for the past three seasons.

The true test of the Cowboys offensive line came this year when quarterback Tony Romo went down in the preseason with another back injury. Rookie fourth round draft pick Dak Prescott has stepped in and played very well. But this is because he  has been able to be relaxed and comfortable in the pocket virtually all the time. The reason for this is that no defensive front can get past that wall in Dallas, and make Prescott uncomfortable.

Their contribution has also been in the running game, since 2014 the Cowboys have had the top rushing attack in the league. Demarco Murray lead the league in rushing and so is another rookie Ezekiel Elliot, hell even Darren McFadden managed to get over 1,000 yards.

The Jones family deserves all of the credit for putting together such a dominate offensive line. Usually teams will not spend consecutive years picking offensive linemen with their top pick because it is not a glamour position. But this offensive line is about to capture the Cowboys second division title in three years. I would take that over glamour any day.