An Artsy Place to Visit

Sarah Bresnan

Image courtesy of Sarah Bresnan.

Tabatha Gonzalez, Feature Editor

Autumn can be a time for apple picking, football, oversized sweatshirts, pumpkin spice lattes, and now, art watching. Storm King Sculpture Park is a place to visit if you want to see wide landscapes of nature mixed with artistic, abstract sculptures. Every year, the park changes its sculptures and allows people to walk through its acres and acres of space.

“It’s a really great place to view some art and just appreciate nature as well. The aura of the park is very relaxing and beautiful. It’s very stress relieving and reminds me to enjoy the views of places. I definitely would suggest it to others,” sophomore Sarah Bresnan said.

The park holds over 100 sculptures made by different artists. Its vast 500 acres of land give the opportunity to art viewers to enjoy the pieces individually, unlike museums when a lot of art is usually cluttered into a small area.

For many who aren’t familiar with the area, it’s just 45 minutes northwest of Pace is Storm King Sculpture Park. The park is open from September to October throughout the week, except for Tuesday, from 10:00 am-5:30 pm. To go with a friend would be just under $20, so it’s an ideal place to adventure on a weekend and stray away from stress.