Pace’s Five Schools Offer New Spring Courses

ANDREAS CHRISTOU, Senior Copy Editor

As the semester draws to a close, students are looking toward finalizing their schedules for the spring semester. Each semester at Pace, all five schools within the university work to develop new courses, for students of their schools and for all majors.

The Dyson College of Arts and Sciences, Lubin School of Business, School of Education, College of Health Professions, and the Seidenberg School of Computer Science and Information Systems are pleased to share their new spring 2015 course offerings on the Pleasantville campus.

The Lubin School will be offering two new courses in the spring, which are:

• MGT 350: The Health Care Environment, a new course offered as part of the  new Health Care Management Concentration
  • ACC 354/FIN 360:  International Field Study Course – London & Paris.  This is the first time that the two courses are being offered together, with field study trip to London and Paris which will take place from May 20-28.

The School of Education will be offering the following five new courses in the spring:

• ED 757: Content Area Literacy and Technology: Instructional Models and Methods for Secondary Grades (Grades 9–12)
  • EDU 696B: Inventing and Making in the Classroom
  • EDG 617: Inclusive Literacy Assessment and Instruction
  • EDG 618: Individual Program Planning
  • EDG 620: Teacher Researcher in Inclusive Adolescent Classrooms

The Seidenberg School has developed two new courses for the spring semester:

• IS 690Q:  Big Data and Information Systems
  • IS 690S:  Mobile Health Technology

The College of Health Professions is announcing a new course along as part of the curriculum for their new Health Sciences undergraduate major; this course is HSC 110: Introduction to Health Promotion and Disease Prevention Across the Lifespan, which is open to all majors with no prerequisites.

The Dyson College, amongst their new course offerings for the spring, is featuring their new Pleasantville course INT 298A: The Biology of Science Fiction Films, where students will be able to view different films and discuss them in terms of the film genre and  the “real and not so real science” behind them.

Students are encouraged to contact their academic advisors for more information on these new courses.