High Definition Helps Pace Burn Away Stress at Bonfire

Martinique Hyman

Students at High Definition’s bonfire

Adiba Sikder, Editor-in-Chief

The Pace community got together and burned away the stress of the spring semester at High Definition’s bonfire on Alumni Lawn on Friday.

The step team provided students with a safe space to socialize and rant about the many responsibilities the spring semester will be bringing with the items needed to make S’mores and hot chocolate.

“We just want to create an environment that is welcoming for every student and faculty at Pace and outside of Pace,” said Martinique Hyman, junior at Pace.

Several students that walked past Alumni Lawn ended up stopping at the bonfire in order to grab a quick treat and ended up staying for longer than expected to.

“I didn’t really know about the event but there’s free S’mores and who doesn’t love a cute little bonfire?” said Kaila Williams, junior at Pace.

Many sophomores were intermingling with upperclassmen in order to get advice on how to survive the semester while roasting marshmellows.

“I got a lot of helpful time management tips from some of the people I met today. For some reason this semester seems to be heavier on the workload then last semester. A lot of upperclassmen said it’s a common trend,” said Harshini Rajkumar, sophomore at Pace.

Other students went to the event to show support for the step team and helped everyone mingle and offered to help with the event.

“I love High Definition. I love the team members and their energy so I wanted to come out and help in any way that I can. Everyone should see them perform at least once in their college career,” said Stephanie Simoes.

High Definition was created in order to bring spirit to the Pace community and bring the community together.

Students that are interested in joining High Definition can apply through Orgsync by filling out an application or can reach out to Gariel Spears, president or High Definition at [email protected]

Many students used the bonfire as an outlet to talk about their excitement for the future and the new things that the current semester is going to bring them.

“I recently got an internship at a hospital and I think this semester is going to bring new and exciting things for me. I know it’s going to be a lot of work but I’m really excited to start,” said Maura McCarthy, junior at Pace.

Other students shared the things that they were not looking forward to this semester.

“I love school but I absolutely hate exams and finals week. I’m always exhausted and I’m always looking for a quick break to close my eyes for five minutes. It’s going to be a long semester,” said Melissa DiNucci, junior at Pace.