Funnyman Adam Grabowski Welcomed for Programming Board’s Happy Hour

Grabowski performs in Kessel’s Multipurpose Room. Photo by Mayra Maradiaga/The Pace Chronicle.

MAYRA MARADIAGA, Arts & Entertainment Editor

This week marked this semester’s second Happy Hour event, which presented comedian Adam Grabowski to Pace University students in the Kessel Multipurpose Room on Thur., Feb. 4.

Grabowski had the room full of students in stitches with his jokes, mostly about the differences between men and women.

The comedian, who has been ranked the number one comedian in the country by Campus Activities Magazine four times since 2011 and is currently on tour, started the show off by dividing the room into teams to test out the energy level of his audience by clapping.

After a couple of jokes, Grabowski let the audience choose whether or not to stick with the path of his normal set, where he says jokes that he knew they would laugh at, or the weaving path of saying jokes where anything might randomly pop into his head and he does not know where it would lead them—but still promised a good time. The students chose the latter and enjoyed every minute of it.

Grabowski’s set included jokes about people naming their kids after where they were conceived, “like Paris, or Brooklyn, or Ford F150,” and how men cannot take hints no matter how hard women try, yet women can speak to each other telepathically by just looking at one another.

He also explained that women will find more pleasure through food than through men, making noises by just hearing the names of desserts, noises they have never made for men, deeming them “foodpervs.”

The audience also chose the last bit of his set.

The options were showing funny charts that he has created about life scenarios, making fun of childhood board games, or making jokes about Disney movies. After choosing to hear Grabowski’s jokes about everyone’s favorite childhood animated films, he made everyone raise a pinky and promise they would not get upset at him for potentially ruining their childhoods.

The set went through each Disney movie and how they really are not meant for kids.

“Like Sleeping Beauty, did the prince make out with every passed out girl he finds lying in a bed?” Grabowski joked. “Let’s just call it what it really is: Law & Order: SVU.” Other movies he called out were Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, and The Little Mermaid, his main focus, and how her signature song made more sense about the fact that she just got her lady parts for the first time.

Senior Stephanie Balkissoon really enjoyed the show.

“I thought he was really funny and his jokes were very relatable,” the applied psychology major said. “I can’t wait to see who else they bring in for Happy Hour.”

Grabowski is very active on social media, for those interested in his material. He is available on Instagram and Twitter @AdamGrabowski, on Facebook, and on his Youtube page where some of his material can be viewed.