Pace Hosts Annual Pride Awards

Taylor Longenberger, News Editor

The Pace Pride Awards were held in order to recognize leadership, community service, and general Pace pride in Willcox Gym on Fri., May 2.

The Academic Achievement Award was presented to the Peace and Justice Society, as the organization with the highest average cumulative Grade Point Average as of fall 2013.

The Outstanding Growth Award was presented to social sorority Nu Zeta Phi.

The Outstanding President Award was presented to Black Student Union President, Jamal McMillan.

The Outstanding Student Leader Award was presented to Alisha Hayes of the Black Student Union and Edwin Rodriguez of the Gay Straight Alliance.

Program of the Year was presented to Lambda Upsilon Lambda Fraternity Incorporated’s “How Brown Can You Be?”

Five members of the pace community, Daniel Borakove, Danielle Cirillo, Christina Vega, Dana Weingartner, and Helen Yu Holguin, demonstrating leadership and community service, were inducted into the Silver Gavel Society.

Jefferson Awards Bronze Medals, which recognize community service, were presented to Daniel Barakove, Sara DiGiovanna, and Christina Rufo.

The Project Pericles Leadership Certificate was presented to Dana Weingartner.

The Residence Hall of the Year award will now be called the Debbie A. Levesque Award in honor of her dedication as Director of Residential Life for over 27 years. This award was presented to Hillside/Howard Johnson Hall.

The Outstanding Advocacy to Others award was presented to Lambda Upsilon Lambda Fraternity Incorporated.

The Outstanding Unity Program was awarded to Townhouse Hall Council’s Meditation with Sister Susan Becker, which not only drew in campus wide attention but also set an example for a reoccurring event.

Fraternity Chapter of the Year was presented to Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Incorporated, making this the third consecutive year that the fraternity has accepted this award.

Sorority Chapter of the Year was presented to Delta Phi Epsilon.

The Outstanding Faculty/Staff Member of the Year was awarded to Dr. Paul Ziek.

The Outstanding Advisor of the Year was awarded to Cornell Craig for his dedication to several organizations and the campus community itself.

The Alumni Advisor of the Year was awarded to the advisor of Nu Zeta Phi, Kelly Ann Povero.

Organization of the Year was awarded to Community Advisory Board.

Emerging Setter Award was presented to freshman history major and philosophy minor Lee Allen.

Senator of the Year was presented to The Pace Chronicle’s Kaitlyn Szilagi.